Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
ISO Playgroup Morah -- 2 1/2 year olds

allrgymama

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 11:27 am
I am desperately trying to find a playgroup for DD who will be 2 1/2 on Succos (turning 3 mid-April).

No matter how many times I open the BP or the Maaseh U'Matan, there seems to be very few groups for that age.

Of the groups advertising, two won't take her and one is not even sure if she's starting her group altogether since I'm the only one willing to commit.

Does anyone know of any playgroups near Coventry with larger spaces (I don't care if it's new; just big. DD needs a lot of space) who would be willing to take a kid with food allergies?

What seems to be complicating things (more than her allergies) is that she doesn't eat sandwiches and I won't let her eat room temperature macaroni every single day for the next 10 months. I'm willing to provide a toaster oven and fishsticks for the Morah to make for her, but no one wants to commit to remembering to put them up 30 minutes before all the other kids eat lunch (even though it takes about 30 seconds).

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it's an additional pain in the neck and I don't have any tainos on people saying no because of it. But I need someone to say yes.

So. Anyone?

TIA!

Simple1

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 11:35 am
What do you mean she doesn't eat sandwiches? I had kids who hated sandwiches at home but would eat it in school or playgroup because they saw everyone else doing it. Is she allergic to dairy? I sent grilled cheese, or pizza and my kids were fine with eating it at room temperature.

Good luck. I hope you find something soon.

allrgymama

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 3:06 pm
She more or less refuses to eat bread; I don't know why. She'll eat peanut butter and cold colds, for example, but not on bread. She'll only eat a bagel if we're driving in the car and that's all there is and she doesn't eat that much of it.

The morahs do keep suggesting that she'll start if she sees others doing it, but after 7 weeks in daycamp, she still wasn't interested. So I have to know that, at least for the start of the year, they're willing to work with me on this (until her tastes change or she caves in to peer pressure).

She is allergic to dairy, or I would sign up for that new service here in Lakewood that'll deliver a different lunch to your kid's playgroup every day.

I don't think she would eat room temp chicken and a few slices of cold cuts are not enough for lunch, not in the long term anyway (also, I don't want the Morah to be busy serving Fleishig's in the middle of the day when other kids might be eating dairy). Macaroni would be okay every other day, but not every day for the rest of the year -- no protein. So I'm kind of at a loss.

Thanks, though!

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 3:24 pm
What about: And none of these need to be warmed up. I run a playgroup and have never warmed up any food or have ever been asked to. The kids just eat what they have. I have also had many allergies over the years:

Chicken nuggets
Waffles
Veggie burgers cut up
Fish sticks
Pasta with cut up chicken
Leftover meat lasagna
Pasta with sauce

If you warm it up before you leave in the morning and the lunches don't go in the refrigerator I imagine it'll be fine. You can also buy a thermos and warm things up and then put in in there. it really keeps things warm. my kids use that for school.

Good luck

newmother

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 3:50 pm
My ds just started eating sandwiches (he is turning two)! Till now I used to send him fishsticks that I heated up in the morning and then they were refrigerated, yogurt with a straw, macaroni, or cut up friut and string cheese. I actually got him to start eating sandwiches by showing him a picture of a kid eating a sandwich and then making him a sandwich also and showing him that they are the same! I didn't think it would work but b"h it did!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics