Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS get's rash with every new food... advice?

yaelh

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 12:14 pm
Has anyone ever had this? My 9 month old gets a diaper rash with every new food I try.. I'm at a loss of what to do. the rash keeps getting worse...

grin

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 12:42 pm
what foods have you tried so far? most fruits and vegetables are usually safe choices. also, wait about 2 weeks before introducing another new food to give his body time to adjust.

for his tush, try zinc ointment and leaving him uncovered as much as possible.

small bean

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 2:10 pm
what have you given him? what has his diapers looked like? what kind of rash?

ElTam

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 5:23 pm
Cut back on the new foods and see the pediatrician.

mommy#1

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 5:30 pm
thats interesting, because my ds, 9.5 months, once got a rash on his face from a new food (or so I think). I just started him on yogurt, and he got a TERRIBLE diaper rash, the likes of which ive never seen before. I thought it was just stam a rash, but my dh said I should call the dr and ask. I called, but forgot to mention he just started on yogurt. the dr called in a prescription for me.

yaelh

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:38 am
It seems with the start of every new food.. does not matter which, he gets one. but now, it seems to be getting worse as I moved on to chicken. the doctor says there is no relation :/

StrongIma

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 9:14 am
yaelh wrote:
It seems with the start of every new food.. does not matter which, he gets one. but now, it seems to be getting worse as I moved on to chicken. the doctor says there is no relation :/
sorry to be so blunt, but imo doctors don't know much about allergies and diets. did he have this problem before you gave him solids? could he be allergic to his formula? have you changed the brand of diaper or wipes?

Try to cut out all solids for a week or 2 and see if it helps.

sarachana

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 9:26 am
I have the same issue!

food in general is going to put more acid into there tiny little alkaline bodies, which is what creates the rash.

Try giving lots of raw fruits with the new foods to dilute the acids, fruits and veggies and safe because they are naturally alkaline....raw that is. Veggies are harder to give raw, but wet, sweet fruits are better for babies.

Also, make sure your baby is well hydrated. breast milk and water.

good luck!

also keep in mind that as the body builds up tolerance to foods (which all babies have to do since there gut has no flora) they will have the rashes, but over time they will go away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics