Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Pls help me word a complaintpls help me word a complaint

amother

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 8:44 pm
ive been working for an agency for quite a few yrs now. Unfortunately, things are run really unfairly . Cases are assigned basically to whoever has the most pull, the right friends etc. Anyway, I was given a pitiful caseload this yr. I know for a fact that new therapists and ppl with less experience were given larger caseloads. How can I word a complaint in a professional manner? Everything I can think of sounds so whiny and babyish, but I really am upset and feel like this agency is taking advantage of me. Pls advise!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 9:23 pm
In my experience, that's just life, some people/places aren't fair and no amount of complaining is going to get you anywhere. You can either look for a different agency (and there are many) or try to make more friends in the right places within your agency.

Sometimes being persistent can help you be in the right place at the right time. I got my first case after a long time waiting in several different agencies just because I was there in the office, sticking myself in people's faces ("Hi, I was in the neighborhood so I came to check how things are going, any new cases lately?") when someone called to say she had to drop a couple of her cases for personal reasons.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 8:00 am
I hear you, seeker. The thing is im not doing it just to complain. I think they are taking advantage of me bec im not so assertive. I need to stand up for myself or theyll keep stepping on me. Can anyone help me with what to say?I hear you, seeker. The thing is im not doing it just to complain. I think they are taking advantage of me bec im not so assertive. I need to stand up for myself or theyll keep stepping on me. Can anyone help me with what to say?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics