Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Submissions to binah-mishpacha-ami
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

married21

Post Fri, Jul 15 2011, 10:52 am
Mama Bear wrote:
thnks Smile.I wrote it when the preemie article came out I family first and all my mrmoeis of that time came flooding back.

You really have a polished and professional way of writing, you should really do this as an official job.

You would probably be a well know writer if you wouldn’t use different pseudonyms all the time... I know that people keep on asking you this question, and I’ve heard your answer. Oh well!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 15 2011, 11:58 am
married21 wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
thnks Smile.I wrote it when the preemie article came out I family first and all my mrmoeis of that time came flooding back.

You really have a polished and professional way of writing, you should really do this as an official job.

You would probably be a well know writer if you wouldn’t use different pseudonyms all the time... I know that people keep on asking you this question, and I’ve heard your answer. Oh well!

Yes, that is a pseudonym I don't remember.
GREAT article! It brought back memories for me too of when I first heard your good news.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 15 2011, 4:22 pm
I use Rifkie Wiesner most of the time, but when the article is more personal - for instance my husband is mentioned here - I use a different name so that the ppl who know me as rifkie wiesner dont automatically realize it's me.

since my writings are so personal I have to use a different name. and I didnt want to use the same name in all 3 magazines (bina, mishpacha, ami.)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 17 2011, 9:25 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I use Rifkie Wiesner most of the time, but when the article is more personal - for instance my husband is mentioned here - I use a different name so that the ppl who know me as rifkie wiesner dont automatically realize it's me.

since my writings are so personal I have to use a different name. and I didnt want to use the same name in all 3 magazines (bina, mishpacha, ami.)

How long will that work? Wink I've seen books authored as "written by so and so writing as so and so and so."

motherhen

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 3:12 pm
just to update-I resubmitted and was answered pretty quickly by binah. I also pulished something which I never got paid for in binah almost a yr ago and because of this thread, decided to nudge. I did, thru email and phone, and got paid pretty promptly afterwards-with an apology for the delay to boot! I have also recently submitted again and I received an automatic reply just like in the old days before the revamping of the whole submission process so kudos to binah for becoming more professional and reliable! LOL

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 7:57 pm
Thanks for the update, motherhen Smile
I'm glad it worked out for you.
I get my rejections from Binah within hours now instead of weeks or months, so I guess it works out better for me too Wink

motherhen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 8:12 pm
oh dnt wry my submissions were rejected too happens to the best of us. Tongue Out and s'all good cuz then u can just resubmit there elsewhere sooner instead of waiting around for wks...

motherhen

Post Mon, Aug 15 2011, 3:09 pm
just got rejected again so sad Crying

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 5:15 pm
Motherhen, me too, and this was a piece I REALLY thought would work. Sometimes I feel like there's a conspiracy out there against my writing Sad

merelyme

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 6:30 pm
Do they give you a reason for the rejection?

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 8:58 pm
No, they don't. They just say please continue to submit more things...the usual policy.

Bundy

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 12:04 pm
Alef Bais wrote:
No, they don't. They just say please continue to submit more things...the usual policy.

Did you ever ask for a reason? Maybe you could push for some feedback? There are many reasons for publications rejecting a piece and it can have no bearing on the quality of writing. If you are getting repeated rejections, try to find out why and DON'T GIVE UP.
Hatzlacha.

motherhen

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 2:45 pm
just got rejected from mishpacha and ami-both resubmissions of old binah rejections. and was also pretty sure theyd get accepted the first time-specially one of them which was rly personal and emotional...wish theyd give some feedback too so I knw where im going wrong-specially since the stuff I submitted were pretty much like the articles they publish all the time... Crying

but on a happier note I got published in hamodia recently... Smile
not gonna say when cuz its not that big of a mag for me to keep myself anon. Wink

Alef Bais

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 5:41 pm
motherhen wrote:

but on a happier note I got published in hamodia recently... Smile
not gonna say when cuz its not that big of a mag for me to keep myself anon. Wink

Congratulations. But you mean not to keep yourself anon, don't you? Wink

motherhen

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 4:10 pm
rite. Smile anyhows, AB did u resubmit anywhere? mishpacha and ami take forever to get back to u but its worth a try...

Alef Bais

Post Fri, Sep 02 2011, 4:48 pm
Motherhen, it was Ami I sent it to. I thought it would be perfect for 'Our Days'. Ami is rather quick to get back to you. I might resubmit to Binah for the fun of it.

motherhen

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 3:19 pm
oh good luck! hope they take it...

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 9:00 pm
Thanks.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 3:01 pm
alefbais why dont you pm ILoveLife & ask her to look into it for you?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 9:26 am
What's the Binah submissions process like at the moment?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room