Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Karaoke show tunes?

Earnest

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 1:34 am
My perfect vacation would be getting together with other frum women and belting out show tunes, accompianed by a Karaoke machine or even live piano music. We'd rehaearse, first , of course. I love Glee, and show tunes and country music and I miss, miss, miss singing. Anybody else in Brooklyn/CH share this secret lust? If there were enough of us, we could find a place for our warblings.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 10:33 am
Why not just go to a goyische place and have at it? Why do you davka need frum women for this ?

bigsis144

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 10:36 am
Don't know if this is still going on in Manhattan, looks like site hasn't been updated in a while:
http://www.girlsnighton.com/index.html

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 11:26 am
For my 30th birthday party (last week-- happy birthday to me:)) I went out with my friends on a saturday night to singsing karaoke in the east village.

we sang all sorts of music, but they had a nice selection of show tunes as well (I personally sang selections from chicago, les mis, and anything goes) and most glee songs are not show tunes anyway so they have those as well.

all you need is a minimum of 3 people for a private room but you can have up to around 20 I think.

Earnest

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 12:23 pm
Oh my gosh, I had no idea that private karoake parties can be rented. I'd feel guilty if I belted out songs where a man could hear me, which means, in a secular place. I wish they had that available for women in CH. It's so hard to find kosher fun. Woman's night out sounds hopeful, though. (I think I'm a bit like Rachel in Glee LOL )

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 1:05 pm
Earnest wrote:

I'd feel guilty if I belted out songs where a man could hear me, which means, in a secular place.

Do you also feel guilty when you remove your clothing to take a shower? It's permitted to do that, by the way.

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Sep 10 2011, 4:28 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Earnest wrote:

I'd feel guilty if I belted out songs where a man could hear me, which means, in a secular place.

Do you also feel guilty when you remove your clothing to take a shower? It's permitted to do that, by the way.

Singing in front of men is comparable to taking a shower in private? Scratching Head

sequoia

Post Sat, Sep 10 2011, 9:07 pm
That's because New York is divided into frum Jews wearing the garb, and non jews. There are no secular Jews in NY. None Smile

Come on CM, your suggestion makes no sense.

OP, yes you can certainly go to a karaoke place with private rooms. My friends and I do this every few months. It's fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics