Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Low hairline, small forhead
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:07 pm
urg. I have a tiny head, small forhead and a low hairline. Please help me find a hairstyle that will work with a sheitel. Bangs overpower me but with the low hairline seem like the only choice. Suggestions please.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:09 pm
move ur hairline upward

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:39 pm
Clarricka, HOW?

mom2cutee

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:56 pm
I too have a low hair line. Like clarivka said you can move your hairline up, with laser or electorolysis.

I didn't want to do that, so I wear my wig further back with full side bangs so the bangs cover my hair underneath. It works great for me!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:22 pm
Bump.

Has anyone done this? I can see how it helps for a shaitel, but then does your hairline/face look unnatural when you're wearing a tichel?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:26 pm
I know a few people that moved their hair lines with laser.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:43 pm
Can you tell me more about this? What problem specifically were they trying to solve? And were they happy with the results?

Why laser vs electrolysis?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
Can you tell me more about this? What problem specifically were they trying to solve? And were they happy with the results?

Why laser vs electrolysis?

So they could wear their wigs and snood higher up.
I actually think they did electrolysis not the laser.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:47 pm
I moved my hairline up with Laser. Takes faster with Laser than electrolysis. Needed to finish it off with electrolysis, because lazer doesn't take off everything. Looks normal with a tichel. You can't tell. My hairline was very low before. Couldn't fit all my hair into my tichel.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:33 pm
Do you still feel like you look like "yourself"?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:34 pm
The sad thing is I actually like my hairline. I think it's pretty. Just really hard to cover the front of my hair and look nice.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:41 pm
I had a low hairline. Did laser several years ago, feels and looks great. My hair is actually more beautiful & attractive this way. (I have light color hair, did it 3x and am clear. Great option. Just put on EMLA cream (pharmacy) an hour before laser, it numbs the spot so you don't feel any pain.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:47 pm
I did laser to move my hairline up. I was very happy with the results, as it helps a lot for sheitel wearing. Honestly, DH is not happy about it and doesn't think my "new" hairline looks nice or natural. At this point, there's nothing I can do about it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
I had a low hairline. Did laser several years ago, feels and looks great. My hair is actually more beautiful & attractive this way. (I have light color hair, did it 3x and am clear. Great option. Just put on EMLA cream (pharmacy) an hour before laser, it numbs the spot so you don't feel any pain.

What do you mean your hair looks better this way? Thanks.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:01 pm
amother wrote:
I did laser to move my hairline up. I was very happy with the results, as it helps a lot for sheitel wearing. Honestly, DH is not happy about it and doesn't think my "new" hairline looks nice or natural. At this point, there's nothing I can do about it.

How do you think it looks with a tichel? (I mean you, not your husband.) Also is there any thing you would do differently in retrospect to make it look more natural?

I just mentioned this idea to my husband in passing and he was not pro...

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:34 pm
I know so many ppl that do it. I wax it every 4 weeks.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
Do you still feel like you look like "yourself"?

I did it in high school already. Don't even remember how I looked before. But now I don't see my hair ever. Its always covered. And it's easier to keep it covered that way. Looks very good when no hair sticks out.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:56 pm
Did my hairline with laser a few years ago. Best thing Ever!!! Sometime I do threading. Otherwise its great.

frumarochel

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 7:53 am
The lines of a turban would probably flatter you. You can find wide headbands in knit fabric which have that kind of face framing effect. It can be worn over the tichel and is both hairline concealing and becoming.

In the video below there is a similar style made by wrapping a woven scarf around your hairline. (I didn't make the video) The Turband at 2:06 :

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:06 pm
What is a good way for me to experiment to see if I want to do this? Waxing? Threading? How would it be growing back?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics