Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Kids

ny21

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 12:24 pm
she had kh 11 kids .She had a baby every 2 years.

how did she do it ? with no disposable diapers -

no microwave . etc. Rolling Eyes

Her kids all remained frum

MY grandmother was the oldest of her children and she hepled out alot.

how did she manage?

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, May 17 2012, 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total

chen

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 12:45 pm
Same way everyone else did: different expectations. Hard work, little free time and less entertainment. You don't think your great-grandma served three different kugels, two different kinds of chicken and two desserts every Shabbos, do you? You don't think she had "themes" for her Shalach Monos and sent to two hundred people, do you? Not when she had to boil diapers over a fire and grate potatoes for her kugel by hand, she didn't!

Doubtless she was busy from sunup to lights out. When she was half your age she probably looked as old as you do now. (Toil does that.)

On the flip side, she didn't have Internet forums or TV or a telephone--three of our generation's big time wasters.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 2:59 pm
how did she do it? things were soooooooo very different just two generations ago. its unbelievable if we think about it long enough.

two generations ago there was almost nothing else for a woman to do other than be home and tend to the home and children from the time the hen said "cookooreekoo" till the donkey went to bed and all of the children were in their beds.

it was just assumed that the woman was able to do it all.

but what is not to say that women can not do it all in today's society, even with the distractions of this generation?

I know a family that has 12 children and they manage amazingly. the mother does so much chesed in the community that it is amazing. but she does not work out of the house in the sense that she gets paid. but I am sure that she does it because she knows her eternal reward will be amazing, and from HaShem, directly:)

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:09 pm
My aunt has 17 kids KA"H
5 are married.. she has one almost every year..
she manages beautifully..
she has a set of twins included.

Another family here that I know has 21 kids and another family 19 kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics