Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Really want to avoid surgery

keepsmiling

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 11:01 pm
My baby is abt 14 months old now and has cross eyes. Shes wearing glasses for quite a few months already, Im patching her eyes, doing some eye therapies with her but only see it getting worse. when shes tired its terrible. I really want to avoid surgery, Im trying all I can. I dont want to push her too much. Is there anything else I can try?Any advice?

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 11:14 pm
No advice, but I've been through that. We used eyedrops on ds at that age, and he had surgery at 16 momths old. His eyes are fine now.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 11:18 pm
Cross-eyes runs in my family. If any of my kids would need surgery I would not hesitate. My siblings had surgery and were very happy with the results. Your child deserves the chance to have straight eyes even if it means going through surgery.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 12:29 am
Crossed eyes or "lazy eye" (strabismus or ambylopia) are not just cosmetic issues, they can permanently change the way the brain "sees" things. The sooner it's corrected, the better. If you're really concerned, get a second opinion, but by all means, do what the doctor says! It's a VERY routine procedure these days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics