Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long lasting lip gloss/ lip stick for yom tov!

Tweedy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 4:17 am
I often see frum women wearing lipstick on shabbes and yom tov but never asked which brand it is and where I can get this type of lip stick! Could you advise please? Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 4:43 am
ShainDee Cosmetics makes Shabbos makeup, and the website tells you how to apply in accordance to Halacha by various ravs.

When buying a "lip staining" lipstick, make sure you try it in person before you buy it! Put some on the back of your hand, wait several minutes, and then wipe it off with a tissue. THAT is the color that you will get. I've found that most of them, no matter what color they say they are, will default to BRIGHT NEON PINK shock which IMHO is neither tznius or attractive on anyone. Some will default to a blackish burgundy, and some to a very weird pinky purple. Again, not so attractive. If you have an Ulta store in your area, they usually have a good selection of lip stains and they let you test everything first.

My advice for lip gloss would be to find one that goes on very thin and light. If it's super thick and sticky, then it's no good for Shabbos. If it's lighter than olive oil, then it's OK to use.

Do be careful in how you ask other women about their Shabbos makeup. Many of them simply can't resist the temptation to "cheat" and will use everyday makeup. You don't want to embarrass them or make them feel "on the spot", so simply ask them if they know of any good places to buy Shabbos makeup.

Tweedy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 7:03 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Do be careful in how you ask other women about their Shabbos makeup. Many of them simply can't resist the temptation to "cheat" and will use everyday makeup. You don't want to embarrass them or make them feel "on the spot", so simply ask them if they know of any good places to buy Shabbos makeup.

Thats why I am asking you and did not ask them Very Happy

I'll be honest no matter how "kosher" the make up is to apply on shabbes, I don't feel comfortable doing it on shabbes! That's why I'd like to know if there are any brands which siple last long periods of time!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 7:20 am
I've been using Maxfactor products for YEARS now...in particular, Lipfinity. The color stays the same after it dries and it lasts for sure a 2 day yT and sometimes even 3.

shoemaker

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:59 am
mac lipstic lasts for a very long time. u have to ask for the long lasting one .macy`s & bloomingales sell tham.its great.

mizle10

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 10:54 am
I use a mac lipstain that comes with a clear gloss. It lasts 2 days forsure and comes in nice colors.

amommy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:14 pm
I tried a lot of things and they just dont stay on me. some lipstick/ lipstains that r supposed to last for a day last on me for like 2 hrs or less! I heard that the drier lips u have the longer its gonna stay... but for me no lipstick on yom tov

sbs

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 6:39 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I use a mac lipstain that comes with a clear gloss. It lasts 2 days forsure and comes in nice colors.

I use that too, the shine comes off by the next day but the lipstick stays on until I scrub or peel it off,
I like jazzy razzy

mom2be1

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 8:24 pm
I find the maybelliene long lasting works best for me. My lipstick usually came off when I lit candles- this lasts till sunday morning!! It can be purchased in a drugstore like rite aid forr $7 (even better when they have buy one get one half off) its a lip stain and the other side is a gloss.

mimimom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 2:15 pm
Revlon Colorstay Overtime.
I put it on in the morning and it's still there after dinner! If you're careful I think it could last into the second day of Yom Tov...

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 7:57 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I've been using Maxfactor products for YEARS now...in particular, Lipfinity. The color stays the same after it dries and it lasts for sure a 2 day yT and sometimes even 3.

I also used Lipfinity for years with great results, but unfortunately it seems they no longer make it.

I have switched to Cover Girl Outlast and find it to be comparable. If you're careful not to wipe or your mouth (especially after eating something greasy or oily) or bite your lips it does last for at least 2 days, maybe a little more.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 8:12 pm
they still sell lipfinity in europe. I love the one that comes with lip gloss at one end for every day, but I have both types. it doesn't really last on me past shabbos morning, I don't know why. But I am not careful when eating.

Eat beetroot??? Wink

alte mamme

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 9:33 pm
I've used CoverGirl Outlast for years and it works really well. I tried the Revlon and didn't like it, it never seemed to show up enough. I tried the L'Oreal version and it always started flaking and peeling off by Shabbos day, which was really a problem. Can't go wrong with the Outlast, I hope they never stop making it! I wear it every day to work also, don't have to worry about reapplying it. Just remember not to put it on the day before you go to Mikveh!

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 9:48 am
Makeup artist here.
Most products that are longlasting have alcohol in them which also dries out the skin.
If you are willing to go that route, there is an alcohol sealer sold by Alcone named Lipchic which you apply over your favorite lipstick & it seals the color in (it also burns like crazy).
To avoid flaking, exfoliate your lips. In a pinch, granulated sugar will do.
If you want something non-drying, MAC just came out with a longlasting lipstick that is a more creamy texture than most longlasting lipsticks & stays on slightly less than the alcohol-based ones.
Feel free to p.m. me if you have more questions.

baba

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 10:14 am
I use the maybelline superstay 24, it really lasts long, at least till the end of the second day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics