Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Warranty on Dryer?

Bleemee

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 10:36 pm
I am looking to buy a new Whirlpool washing machine and dryer.

The machines come with a warranty for a year, and the guy recommended buying the extended warranty (5 years) for the washing machine, and I plan to. The extended warranty is $135/machine.

Do you think it's a good idea to get an extended warranty for the dryer also? I know that people usually say that a dryer is a dryer, no major research involved as they are not so complicated. However, I know that these days the machines are computerized.

What's your experience with the newer dryers breaking? Do you think the warrant is advisable? TIA

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 10:55 pm
I have the whirlpool duet sport machines. While the washer sometimes jams in the middle of a wash and has to be reset, I've never had issue with the dryer.
My personal opinion with the warranties is that it's not necessary. The machines usually come with their own warranty included for the first year so if there's a problem right away, you're covered. Usually, if it works fine the first year, it's a good machine.

takeiteasy

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 2:21 pm
I have my washer for 3 1/2 years and it was already serviced. I never had issues with my dryer but I do have a warranty.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 2:41 pm
I did get the 5- year warranty in the end. It was $135, I figured it was worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry