Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tantrums=me losing my sanity!!Help!

Teva26

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 5:06 pm
Hey
My dd is about a year and a half, and very independant and active. She always had a very calm and happy temperament.
However she was vaccinated a few weeks ago and had a horrible reaction, was hospitalized for a few days, and then baruch hashem came back to normal EXCEPT she developed these crazy episodes!
Whenever she doesnt get what she wants , she screams at the top of her lungs over and over again and her whole face will turn red- if I ignore her she will do it until she is coughing and not breathing well, even getting to the point of hitting herself in the head and flailing her limbs about knocking them into whatever is in the way. I thought maybe she was traumtized from all the stuff she went through at the hospital- needles, taking temp all the time etc., but this is extreme behavior and im worried.

Sometimes I manage to focus her attention on something she loves like a song or a toy and then she forgets about her tantrum, but sometimes nothing helps, even if I pick her up.

I dont know what to do , I am worried about her and what makes things the worst is that she has been waking up at night doing this as well, out of nowhere. waking up with screams the whole neighborhood can hear. Last night she woke up 6 times!!! I have not slept like a normal person since she was born. I have been going to work like a zombie! At her gan they say she doesnt do this, and I basically see her only doing it with me. Sometimes as soon as she sees me she does it. sometimes she will do it in the stroller all of a sudden. I thought maybe its a cry for attention but even when I am fully present with her she will do it. I just dont get it!Maybe she doesit when she is tired but when I put her to sleep shew ill freak out! She also learned the word "di " (enough in hebrew) so she will be screaming di throughtout these episodes and it sounds to the outside world like I am doing horrible things chas vshalom!!!

For the nighttime I have considered possibilities of mosquito bites ( we are trying everything to control this), thirsty (she wont take a pacifier and sometimes it the only thing that will get her back to sleep), singing songs but she will be absolutely in a crazy panic until she either gets a bottle or I bring her into my bed. We also just moved houses right about the time she got vaxed so I thought maybe she wasnt adjusted yet but enough time has gone by for her to get used to it .

What do I do ???Anyone have a similar situation? I am losing my mind and my calm! I have no more patience and am overtired!!!

chatouli

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 6:11 pm
Read "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp. It works with my highly spirited DS.

That being said, I would call her pediatrician and ask about this since it seems to be a pretty abrupt change in her temperament since the vaccinations, and maybe there is something bothering her still that sets her on edge, and that's why she can't cope with the same toddler-stressors she used to be able to handle gracefully.

Also, I am with you about "di" - my DH speaks Hebrew pretty much exclusively to DS and he says "tafzik" instead because I was worried about "di" in public here! It sounds pretty bad.

naomi2

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 9:23 pm
call your doctor and tell them to write the vaccine reaction in her chart and don't give her any more vaccines! I cant stress that enough. they are toxic to her body. also you might want to check her out with a neurologist to see if there is any damage from the vaccine that is causing these odd behaviors.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 9:28 pm
No, vaccines are not toxic for the body, OP do a search on the engine.

Now yes, some people and children react badly to one, or most vaccines. My mother reacts badly to banana, doesn't mean banana is evil.

mom22qts

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 9:29 pm
naomi2 wrote:
call your doctor and tell them to write the vaccine reaction in her chart and don't give her any more vaccines! I cant stress that enough. they are toxic to her body. also you might want to check her out with a neurologist to see if there is any damage from the vaccine that is causing these odd behaviors.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to blaming the vaccine. The op writes that she is not like this with others, she hasn't slept since her daughter was born, etc- all points that lead me to belive that this is not directly caused by the vaccine

OP- sounds like you may just need to learn some more techniques to help you deal with your daughter. I hope some other posters can help you with that.

Teva26

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 9:30 am
Listen I was having difficulty with dd waking up at night but never like this, and I am 100% sure the vaccines damaged her in some way or another. NEVER has she been sick except for the 3 times I vaxed her when she got a high fever for 1-2 weeks- this last time 40.7!! One time she turned green!! Its obviously a pattern that needs to be stopped and man oh man am I not vaxing anymore. I thanked Hashem so much when she healed- I thought she would never be teh same.
I think the neurologist is a great idea. Maybe I shoudl see an allergist as well.
M.D.s will NEVER blame the vaccines, but I know my child, and I have done full nights of research on the issue. I dont trust people who make errors, only Hashem and my instincts!

Thanks for all the tips Smile

Teva26

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 8:53 pm
P.S. just for the record and Ruchel FYI most commonly given vaccines (such as DtAp)contain such TOXIC substances and heavy metals such as: formaldehyde, ammonia, aluminum, thimerosal (mercury)

polio vaccine is made with monkey kidney cells.
The MMR vaccine contains aborted fetal tissue and gelatin.

sounds yummy huh? Bet they dont tell you this at your local doctors office. I also bet its not first to show up on search engines
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics