Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Incompetent coworkers and lashon hara

amother

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 10:24 am
My boss has been trying out new workers, but most are very bad at what we do in our workplace. The boss can't really tell, since he's also not in this profession.

As an example, let's pretend the job is to interact with clients in China, the workers speak Chinese, the boss doesn't, and he's hiring "Chinese speakers" who are barely conversational.

Am I allowed to say anything about how they're not really able to do the work, or is that lashon hara? I know it's a complicated issue - I'm not really objective, it's a question of someone's parnassa, but also a question of my parnassa, and all that. I don't expect anyone to be able to give a concrete answer, but can someone point me in the right direction, or maybe just share what you were told if you were ever in a similar position?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 10:39 am
Say something. There are ways to do it nicely so you won't really LH the others. after succos im going to tell my boss how my co-workers are sabotaging me because I tried dealing with it myself and they just keep going, like sending me dstuff to review and correct that is the wrong document in the first place. I'm new and they have been there for ever and they resent me. When does self preservation take over from protecting them? I think it's now.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 10:04 pm
I think chofetz chaim heritage foundation has some sort of loshon hora question phoneline yu can call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics