Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
What kind of soup can you put kreplach besides chicken soup?

israel22

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 4:55 pm
what kind of soup cani put kreplach in besides for chicken soup? I don't feel like defrsoting chicken so any ideas greatly appreciated!
thanks!

sped

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 4:58 pm
I am a bit of an "apikorus" but this year I will be putting it into a blended vegetable soup. I have it inthe freezer and have too much otherwise to do... I think I used a regular vegetable soup in the past.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 6:19 pm
make a mock chicken soup without the chicken, just lots of veggies. Or any soup should work.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 7:24 pm
The beauty of soup is that there are few immutable rules. Basar beChalav issues aside, what's to stop you from putting kreplach in any kind of soup you like, fruit "soup" being an obvious exception?

anonymom

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 8:15 pm
Any blended, preferably savory, veggie soup.

eatingbagels

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:11 am
I believe I've had it in a split pea soup and in a butternut squash soup. Both were delicious.

Depressed

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:38 am
eatingbagels wrote:
I believe I've had it in a split pea soup and in a butternut squash soup. Both were delicious.

DITTO

luckyme

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 1:25 am
Our go to soup for kreplach is Onion. I make it with apple cider, and caramelize the onions, all my kids love it -even the baby Smile

israel22

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 4:34 am
thanks all for the advice I think I am so burnt out from yom tov we are buying soup shhhhh don't tell!!! good yom tov to all!

anonymom

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 5:46 am
I bought the kreplach this year.

Jewish Mother2

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 10:11 am
why do any of you feel you have to apologise for buying instead of making from scratch???

It's not a sin to buy ready made soup, kreplach or indeed any other part of the meal and you know what sometimes it's even cheaper than making your own. If you can sit down at the meal without dropping off to sleep from spending hours in the kitchen isn't that far better?!

If you're having company I think it's even more acceptable to buy. Believe me I've moved over from the other side!! I used to be the make all, do all girl - wouldn't even buy the jam or mayo - it had to be my own - I must have been mad.

Ladies as long as you are putting a satisfying and tasty meal on the table it doesn't matter who made it and when the compliments fly in just accept them gracefully - why does anyone need to know. Of course if someone asks for the recipe just say you'll give it to them later - then you can decide whether to divulge or not.

Chag sameach ;-)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 4:42 pm
Kreplach can be eaten as a side dish, too. Not just in soup.

israel22

Post Thu, Oct 20 2011, 12:20 pm
u prob cud eat kreplach generally not in soup but I used a dif recipe this year and they didn't come out the prettiest so I have to hide them in soup lol they taste good just look funny!

thanks jewishmother2 for ur chizzuk will def keep it in mind! we bought soup and kugel soup was fine kugel was gross oh well!

hycup

Post Sun, Oct 23 2011, 6:32 am
luckyme wrote:
Our go to soup for kreplach is Onion. I make it with apple cider, and caramelize the onions, all my kids love it -even the baby Smile

luckyme, can you please post the recipe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics