Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My 2 .5 year old has not eaten in 3 days!!!

junam

Post Fri, Oct 21 2011, 9:19 am
She fell and hit her teeth, one bent inwards and lots of bleeding. Now, she wont eat or drink, AT ALL! Its like she is petrified to put anything in her mouth now. We took her to emergency on simchat torah (thurs), but they didnt give her an IV or anything. Eventually, she drank a little as chag went out, but she still has not eaten.

She is the MOST stubborn girl I have ever known. She is extremely strong willed. And all those doctors that told me a child wont starve themselves, didn't know my daughter.

I feel so helpless, watching her lose all her strength and get so thin.

What on earth can I do??

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Oct 21 2011, 9:48 am
Give her ice cream or very thin pudding or a milkshake...something she can drink. Homemade pudding, milkshake and plain vanilla ice cream aren't so unhealthy. Other blended drinks as well.
By ensure and give her a straw...
Pudding is in fact very good, milk and eggs, with some sugar.
Explain to her you know she is afraid but she needs to eat, and these foods shouldn't hurt her mouth and the cold may even feel a bit good...if it doesn't let the food come to room temperature.
Give her a reward of some kind for every ten bites of food. (A chit to get a toy or whatever)

If she isn't eating on Shabbat take her to the hospital, on Shabbat.

grin

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 2:16 pm
did the hospital check that she's not dehydrated? this sounds so irresponsible to me! I hope that now she's much better.

junam

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 6:55 pm
Thanks for your replies. BH she started eating on shabbos. We tried everything. No amount of talking helped, she must've gotten fed up of starving.

The hospital, more accurately the arab doctors, didn't believe us that she hadn't drank in more than 30 hours. She was obviously dehydrated but they just blamed our parenting. I was appalled!

merelyme

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 7:04 pm
Thank you for updating. Hope she is well.

You had her teeth checked by a dentist, right?
If they turn gray they will probably need to be checked periodically (every 6 months) to make sure the roots are still okay.

StrongIma

Post Sun, Oct 23 2011, 3:30 pm
junam wrote:
Thanks for your replies. BH she started eating on shabbos. We tried everything. No amount of talking helped, she must've gotten fed up of starving.

The hospital, more accurately the arab doctors, didn't believe us that she hadn't drank in more than 30 hours. She was obviously dehydrated but they just blamed our parenting. I was appalled!
oy!!! please let us all know which hospital this was so we'll know where not to go.

mini

Post Sun, Oct 23 2011, 3:53 pm
I hope everything is ok

junam

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 7:41 am
Haddassa Ein Kerem in Yerushalayim, not impressed AT ALL!

She is BH doing ok, got a dentist appointment tomorrow....if she will open her mouth, thats another story!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics