Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO recipe for chicken on the bone and side that freeze well

naomi2

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 3:49 pm
I have two pkgs of chicken that I want to put in a pan with a side and freeze for a later meal. any suggestions? also, no gluten please.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 3:57 pm
I would freeze each chicken raw, already seasoned/sauce poured on, in a pan, ready to bake.

For sides, I might prepare raw rice/farfel, measured and spices mixed in, with instructions on the bag of how much water to add and how long and at how high a temp to bake it.

If you specifically want to freeze ready cooked chicken, bake the pieces in a sauce. Then place frozen chicken tightly wrapped in oven until heated through. Uncover, higher temperature, and crisp back up.

Farfel freezes well. Cooked rice should be rinsed and drained well, seasoned, and then frozen. Cabbage and noodles is another idea. Potato knishes. Etc.

naomi2

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 4:00 pm
sorry I didnt specify. I want the chicken and the side in the same pan all frozen together.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 4:13 pm
naomi2 wrote:
sorry I didnt specify. I want the chicken and the side in the same pan all frozen together.
Already cooked?

I wouldn't do that.

But I'm sure that there are people who would. You can look up chicken + rice recipes in one pan here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey