Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Gift card savings

if I can get you a gift card, for how much savings will you buy it from someone?
I wont do it. I prefer to just buy myself then to bother and save.  
 30%  [ 6 ]
$10 savings  
 15%  [ 3 ]
$20 savings  
 15%  [ 3 ]
only for $30 or more savings  
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

cb

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 9:50 pm
lets say I have a gift card for a department store worth $150. would you want to give $130 for it?
maybe I should be more clear, would you bother going through me if you save only $20?

allgood

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 10:53 pm
For me this would depend on whether or not you were able to get it to me before I was going to the store. To start driving around to you it would have to be something that I know I was definately going to use.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 11:50 pm
I hate gift cards and wouldn't buy one if you paid me.

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 1:00 am
u want it off ur hands? ill give u 110

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 7:36 am
I don't need a lot of things anymore and if I use a gift card, I can't return it and get my money back. For me to buy a gift card, it has to be a huge savings.

Not just $20.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 9:11 am
You know there are online services that buy and sell gift cards right? They give very good rates. ou might wantt o try them first. I wrote a blog post about it once: http://budgetandbargain.blogsp......html I've used them to make money off gift cards I got for les than face value. And if you are going to buy a large purchase you can get a gift card for less than face value.

As to working with you personally, it would really depend on my relationship with you. If you are talking about selling it on ebay - I have seen people bid for only 5 or 10 dollars savings.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 9:24 am
Unless I have a purchase in that amount coming up in that store (I.e. I've been watching an item, in say, Macy's for $150 and I can now get it for less) I wouldn't lay out over $100 for a gift card that I may or may not spend over X amount of time. I wouldn't bother at all, unless I was wanting it for something specific immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains