Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby throwing up - why?

iluvy

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:31 pm
Six times over the past two months, my 20 month old daughter has thrown up for no apparent reason. Twice were in the car; the rest were while sleeping or just standing around. Once she was irritable earlier in the day and another time she cried immediately beforehand and said "I make." Three times she was completely fine and happy for the rest of the day; the other three times were over the course of a day and night during which she was completely fine in between. As far as I know, she hadn't eaten anything new before any of the incidents.

I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering - have any of you seen this before? What could it be? We're kinda stepping gingerly around her these days, not knowing when the next attack might come...

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 9:43 pm
I would not worry about 6 times over a 2 month period. I would worry if it was 6 times a day, or even 6 times in a week.

obagys

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 11:36 pm
One of my daughters was like that. She would throw up without any notice, and after it was over, would go on like nothing happened. She actually didn't outgrow this until about 6 or 7 years old. At first the doctor said it was an immature digestive system, but as she grew older and it didn't stop, he wasn't sure what to make of it. Because she was otherwise healthy and growing properly, and the doctor was not concerned, I didn't pursue it and she is totally fine now (she's 9yo). I will say that dealing with it as she got older was easier - she could sense that she had to throw up and would run to the bathroom or a garbage can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics