Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hotel in the city

ShirleyTemple

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 7:49 am
I wanna stay over in an hotel for one night. I'm gona do it through Priceline's Name Your Own Price. I just have no clue as to which area to choose. Uptown, Downtown, etc. I'm coming from Brooklyn, so I wouldnt want it to be too far (cuz of the car fare) and dont want a very crazy loud area nor a quiet/scary area. Anyone know where to guide me to?

Thanks!!

ShirleyTemple

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 8:50 am
Anyone?!

celesteno

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 9:34 am
Well, I guess the question is what is too far. The lower end of the upper east side could be nice (like in the 50s). Its relatively quiet, but nice area--not scary at all. If you're thinking of farther downtown, maybe try an area like Soho.

Maya

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 10:26 am
It would also depend on the price range you're looking at. Some areas have more expensive hotels.

Maya

Post Fri, Nov 04 2011, 10:32 am
We have gotten great deals through Priceline's Name Your Price, but all in different areas of the city. We've been to the Empire at Lincoln Center, the Westin at Times Square, the Millenium Hilton near Ground Zero, and the Hudson near Columbus Circle.

Maybe the World Trade Center area is ideal for you. It's not too far from Brooklyn, it's neither noisy nor too quiet, and there are nice things to do in the area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries