Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Glass on challah board fixed

newlywed10

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 9:06 am
Anyone know where I can go to get the cracked glass on our challah board replaced/fixed?
TIA!

bigsis144

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 10:04 am
I'm looking for the same thing... I asked in Eichler's in Flatbush if they do repairs, but they don't.

So any leads would be appreciated!

yummy2

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 10:15 am
Oh how funny, we dont even use ours anymore, because we already replaced the glass 3 times!apparently when you put hot challsh out of the oven onto it, it cracks. We learnt the hard way.as far as fixing it. We went to the silver store we bought it in, they charges $30 each time, warning us that they dont ussualy do this. If it happens again, ( which it did), we would need to go to a plexi glass store, like maybe a window place, see if they would do it & for how much. Please let us know where you go & the cost. Would love to fix ours as well.

paprika

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 10:18 am
Look in your local phone book in the yellow pages under Glass.

Legav

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:30 am
There's a glass place on 41st street right off of 13th ave that does it. I think its called Hofmans glass.

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 11:42 am
Glass place on 59 in Monsey in old Parmark shipping center. Very expensive to replace $30.00 is a good price.

questioner

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 1:08 pm
I think that I got an estimate of $40 to fix. We ended up taking a plain glass tray that we had and just putting it on the silver where the glass used to be. It doesn't fit perfectly, and it's a little hard to cut the challah, but the nice thing is that we can remove the "board" and just leave the glass tray on the table for the rest of the seuda (we have a very narrow table).

Truth is, we have a second challah board that we got as a chasuna present, so we feel like we can't spend the money fixing it but this one is in good enough shape that we don't want to throw it out so we improvised like this instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries