Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can this be chicken pox?

baba

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 3:41 pm
A few hours ago I found 3 what looked like mosquito bites on my daughter's face. Upon closer inspection I could see a blister on the top. Now, only a few hours later they all popped during the bath and she just has 3 read spots left.
Can this be the beginning of chicken pox? Can it change stages so fast (from what I read online it seems it usually takes several days for the pox to change.

tweek

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 3:45 pm
Check it out. I was once sure ds had chicken pox and doctor said it was a virus.

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 3:51 pm
Spots that look like a mix between chicken pox and warts are mulloscum. I wouldn't delay confirming if with the doctor because mulloscom spreads like wildfire on a person and from person to person.

Della

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 3:56 pm
My experience is that pox usually first appear on the torso, then spread out. Check her stomach. Also, itchy and child usually feels sick.

Refuah shleima...

baba

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 4:10 pm
It def did not look like a wart. It was a spot with a blister on top.

I checked the rest of her body, there's nothing. She's had a runny nose for a few days and complained of a tummy ache before dinner. I dont know how real that was, she ate normally and didnt say anything, besides, she's 3.
In general she's always had very sensitive skin, but I've never seen anything like this before.

Plus I have a 2 month old, I read it's more dangerous for newborns, so I'm getting a little nervous. And why oh why do these things have to happen erev shabbes. (Yes it's thursday night, but I'm off to bed, not feeling too well myself and was planning on doing everything tomorrow)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics