Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can teething be soooo bad??

ohbaby!

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 8:36 am
I havent had this experience with my other 2 kids... their teeth came out without much pain or notice...
But now my 10 month old had low grade fever for 3 days and is criyng a lot has a lot of irritability... she will be happy for a few minutes then complain, throw herself back, and is not happy at all... I think jher gums are swollen, but she also got this light red pimples on her face, stomach and chest. I went to the dr, she asked me to make a urine test, wich I didnt manage to do... but all the other symptoms could they be from teething?? Anyone had such experience, with their babies having hard time teething??
TIA

zigi

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 8:59 am
ds got 5 teeth at once. he was not himself I had to keep him in the crib. all he would do was scream and bang his head.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 9:06 am
Of course teething is bad. Remember when you wisdom teeth came out? well at least we understand what it's all about... but even on adults it causes pain, red cheeks, drooling and reflux if not diarrhea, my dentist said!

melavemalka

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 9:16 am
Im not sure about the red pimples on her face and body, but only up until a few months ago did my DD (who is 22 months) stop getting a high temp every single time she was teething.
Besides fever, symptoms were general irritation/miserableness, fist in mouth alot and extremely sore nappy rash - in fact just over a month ago, when several of her teeth at the back of her mouth were coming through she had such severe nappy rash, that it took over a week to treat and get rid of...

wishing ur little one better...

ohbaby!

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 6:01 pm
Thank u all! I found out from another dr. that the pimples are Roseola, that starts with sudden fever and after comes the pimples.. and he said that it looks like teeth are coming out... so BH, I hope thats it, and there is nothing else going on.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 11:06 am
zigi wrote:
ds got 5 teeth at once. he was not himself I had to keep him in the crib. all he would do was scream and bang his head.

Oh good, this makes me feel SO much better! I did a search on teething this morning b/c I'm going insane from my one year old's new recent behavior which is CONSTANT screaming. I know that he has teeth coming in, but I'm so scared that maybe this is a sudden new personality change.

I'm going insane because he's always either screaming or sleeping. He also is having TONS of diarrhea.

Can I be comforted that this is due to teething? I know he doesn't have an ear infection b/c I got him checked out. Like I said before, I KNOW the teeth are coming through, I just want to know that this screaming is due to teething and I won't have to deal with this screaming forever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics