Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Urgently needed: wedding arches for wedding in Scotland

mamabelle

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 12:51 pm
A close friend is trying to source wedding arches from a gemach in Glasgow, London or Manchester for her good friend's wedding in about 3 weeks' time. She's not managed to get a contact for Glasgow yet and the people she's spoken to in Manchester (where her parents live) and London (where she lives) have been reluctant to allow their arches to travel out of town.

The bride also keeps asking if she's managed to secure any, so the pressure is on! Please, please let me know if you can help to make her day! Also, if you have any low cost ideas for making fabulous arches, please let me know.

Thanks!

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 12:56 pm
my friend made her own arches using pool noodles. they look great and are easy to transport!

bigsis144

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 1:46 pm
Scotland!!

*dreamy sigh*
I always wanted to go there. I could listen to those accents for hours...

-- Sorry that was totally off-topic, I just had to get it off my chest. Very Happy

shanie5

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 12:03 am
pobody's nerfect wrote:
my friend made her own arches using pool noodles. they look great and are easy to transport!

yep- DD did the same. pool noodles, white fabric and lots of safety pins.

8mom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 6:22 am
Buy some hoola hoops from Tesco and open them up. Wrap them with shiny ribbon. If you want to do balloons it is a bit harder but you can tie them on with ribbon. There is no gemach in Glasgow for such things. If you want 'shtick' then you can buy balloons and glitter and blow them on the day before you go to the chuppa.

And anyone who wants to come and visit us up here is welcome anytime!!! Shabbos went out last night at 11:30!!!!!!!

JewishMother18

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 6:30 am
Try contacting a party planner in Glasgow and ask them if you can hire some (if cost is not an issue).

UKMum - Missing Glasgow but not those long long Shabbatot :-)

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 3:50 pm
Making your own arches are easy - use hoola hoops and ribbons, feathers, anything you fancy. It is just time consuming.
PM me if you want to know exactly how I did it for my own wedding.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jun 05 2011, 4:14 pm
try gateshead

cmg770

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 8:47 am
Send me a message with ur email I have a few numbers. I used them for my wedding in England Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics