Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for 2 year old and 6 year old girl

amother

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 4:46 pm
Help! I went to the store thinking that I'll get a nice doll and a nice craft project, but there are about a thousand different kinds of dolls and craft projects out there. I only have boys so I have no idea.

Please tell me the specific things that girls those ages like. Thanks for any advice!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 9:31 am
matching silver bracelets/ or any type of jewelry, especially if they don't have much of it.

dolls that match, a smaller one for the two year old, and bigger one for 6 year old.

Games that are easy like memory for little one, and harder one for older one.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 15 2011, 9:53 am
OP here. Thanks so much for the response. I should have specified that it doesn't have to be a joint gift (I realize that wasn't clear). I'm going away and will be staying with a good friend of mine and her two girls will both be having birthdays when I'm there (they're 2 days apart) so I want to give a nice gift to each.

I do like the idea of getting the older one a piece of jewelry. Is a 2 year old too young for that? I had originally wanted to get the smaller one a doll, but there are so many kinds to choose from I couldn't figure out what to get.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 8:54 am
Even a two year old will be thrilled with a bracelet or bangle, which is in the $15-25. range. There is a stunning selection at the moment, and it comes in different sizes, some of which grow with you.
All girls love jewelry.

baskrox

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:44 am
2 year olds are just starting to use their imagination - any imaginative play toy is great at that age (kitchen set with play food, play pots, dolls, little people etc...

6 year old girl - most love princess dress up, figurines (some families may not be comfortable with figurines that are not tznius - you have to know). There is also a tznius instructional ballet video that girls that age love - Penina Ballerina - you can get it in local sefarim store.

STMommy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 1:52 pm
Just don't forget that the jewelry - especially for the 2-year-old - should not be beaded jewelry, that can come apart if the 2-year-old puts it in her mouth and become a choking hazard, G-d forbid. My four-year-old is very oral and puts jewelry into her mouth (she's my oldest, but I suspect a 6-year-old is past that. Not a 2-year-old though).

amother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 9:41 pm
The silver bracelets made today (also come in gold) are not beaded, they have enamel charms, and they are like a chain, or they come in enameled bangles. Of course there are pearls and other beads, but they are not safe for children under 3.

realeez

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 10:36 pm
If you want a joint gift, a nice dollhouse can be appreciated! my girls are 2 and 6 and just got one as a combined birthday present and both love it! There are so many different price ranges too!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 10:53 pm
I like the idea of a nice dollhouse for a joint gift...otherwise a piece of jewellry, craft kit (any will br appreciated by a little girl) or a nice hair accessory will be appreciated by the 6yr old (she is older and will appreciate this more than 2 yr old)
For the younger 2 yr old girl I would get something like a little doll (again any will be loved) with some clothing or a little stroller, kitchen toys, mini hoover, something that makes her feel big, will be loved.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 10:59 pm
Wow. Thanks! Great ideas! Keep em coming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics