Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Could Chamomile tea be making my dd throw-up?

mamaleh

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:02 pm
My 13m DD has a 'virus'.

For the past couple of days she has been unable to keep down food. She has not been throwing up right after she eats, rather a couple of hours later it all comes up.

Yesterday I took her to the doctor who said it's prob a virus and just to try to keep her hydrated. She said that plain water can sometimes be irritating and I should give her tea.

B"H she has not been throwing up after nursing, so I have been nursing her more than usual.

Twice today I made her sweet chamomile tea. Both times she drank it very fast (although I did try to slow her down) and both times she vomited within 3 minutes. (BTW before the second time she had had some toast, which seemed to stay down.)

Is it possible that the tea is causing it, or is it just the speed of drinking it?

mammala120

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:49 pm
definately the speed of drinking it and the sugar/sweetness. I always give my kids chamomil when they are not well. I don't think it is cammomil unless she is intolarant to it. has she ever drank chamomil before when she was well with positive results. if yes, then it is not the herb.

refuah shelema

mamaleh

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:59 pm
I don't think she's ever had it before. Have you ever heard of someone being allergic/sensitive to chamomile?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics