Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone have experience with vyvanse for teen?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 12:03 am
DS has not done well with Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Straterra etc... We have tried everything but side effects of tics are noted as well as anger etc...
We tried other meds as well. So far nothing is a match. Any ideas appreciated!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:02 am
Didn't work for my teen. It didn't last as long as adderall xr, and had a steeper crash at the end.

What worked for us was a stimulant plus a second medication (guanfacine) to control anger/impusivity. But really, hearing what works for another person might not do it, because each person's chemistry is so different.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 10:48 am
adderal and ritalin did nothing for my preteen., almost 12 year old girl. She is a different child on vyvanse. Dr. didn't want to put her on it to begin with . Therapist and I had to really push for it. she is losing weight dramatically so we are working on that, but otherwise, we're really happy.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 2:19 am
I would love to heaqr about different ADHD medications for your teen. We tried many different ones and nothing quite fit. There is a lot of anger and lately very strong negativism and yes everyone is balanced differently. I would like to hear what others tried. We never tried gunanfacine so that is something to look into. Would love to hear your experience. We have no idea what to do. And the doctors cost us a FORTUNE and still no clue....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics