Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thrush-oracort oral medicine

Blue12

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 2:42 am
I live in Israel and my baby was prescribed oracort.
If you are familiar with it, how many times do I put it on per day?
also, if she's hysterical after putting it on, how many minutes do I have to wait until I can feed her? (the medicine says not to ingest).
(BTW, I have a yeast rash on my leg but nothing where I feed her so I am hoping I won't develop it there)
THanks!

Blue12

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 2:43 am
Also, where can I buy zinc ointment? Someone told me that zinc helps with thrush diaper rashes.
Thanks!

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 4:33 am
Are you sure it is Oracort? Oracort is a steroid which you most certainly don't want to use for an oral yeast infection like thrush!! Oracort can CAUSE yeast problems!!

Blue12

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 4:38 am
Yes it is.
They told me it is a steriod.
Why would the doctor give it to me if it actually can cause yeast infections?
What do you suggest I do instead?

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 4:45 am
Go to a different doctor asap. Did you read the pamphlet that came with the oracort? It should say how to use it and to never use it if there is a fungal infection, which is what thrush is. Sad

You need a medication to treat thrush.

Blue12

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 5:15 am
I googled oracort online and it says it's for mouth ulcers...She has thrush. When I looked up about steriods, it says it could create fungal infection and that oracort is NOT for fungal or viral infections.
HELP!!!
I have no time to go see a doctor right now. This is really nuts. I can't believe the doctor gave me a prescription for the wrong thing....

shoemaker

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 7:50 am
if u are in israel ask ur doc for daktarin it works wonders, it has an orange
taste so babys like it & btw u can use it for urselt to, on the nipple area g`luck

Last edited by shoemaker on Mon, Nov 21 2011, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

ally

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 7:54 am
Blue12 wrote:
I googled oracort online and it says it's for mouth ulcers...She has thrush. When I looked up about steriods, it says it could create fungal infection and that oracort is NOT for fungal or viral infections.
HELP!!!
I have no time to go see a doctor right now. This is really nuts. I can't believe the doctor gave me a prescription for the wrong thing....

I was wondering because I use it for mouth ulcers. It works so much better than all the alternatives.

lmanshmo18

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 1:11 pm
I dont know about that medicine, but if I can just recommend you to take an aloe leaf- they grow everywhere in israel, cutting it open and putting it on her tongue. it did wonders for my daughter, she slept for hours after that and calmed down immediately. good luck. yocheved

chams

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 1:18 pm
Hi ask you doctor to prescribe you diflucan for the baby. This is the same medication that they give women when they have a yeast infections. Except they make it in a liquid form for the baby. It works wonders, I've tried everything. Good luck

mfb

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 3:04 pm
I second the daktarin, I get it from israel just for thrush
it works wonders in a pretty short time, and its ok if swallowed, and can also be used on mother so its all in one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics