Home

Rules about posting your blog link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Technology and Devices -> Blogs & Social Media

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Yael

Post Posted: Mon, Nov 21 2011, 9:32 pm       Post subject: Rules about posting your blog link
How to post about your blog without breaking the rules:

1. Post in the blogs section.

2. your blog is less than 6 months old. (even if you carry ads)

3. If your blog is more than 6 months old, AND does not carry a single ad, or commission links, then you can post a thread about it. Obviously not overdoing it with multiple threads.

If you have just started a blog, and would like to post about it to share and get feedback, you may post one thread about it to help you get started.

When your blog is more established, and/or getting visits independently, and you have ads on your blog, then linking to it here would be considered taking a free ad, and would not be allowed.

Thank you for your cooperation. Cheers

RachelEve14

Post Posted: Tue, Nov 22 2011, 12:51 am       Post subject:
Yael, if my blog has no advertising on it (and no intention to put advertising on it), can I post? I haven't had time to keep up with it in the last couple of years (only just started a blog), but I'm curious if posters with no advertising blogs can post them here.

sequoia

Post Posted: Tue, Nov 22 2011, 1:56 am       Post subject: re: Rules about posting your blog link
I've had a livejournal for ten years and never made a cent from it. I don't even know how to do that. It's just for fun.

Ruchel

Post Posted: Tue, Nov 22 2011, 4:07 am       Post subject: Re: re: Rules about posting your blog link
sequoia wrote:
I've had a livejournal for ten years and never made a cent from it. I don't even know how to do that. It's just for fun.

same here, though it is much younger

"You will have many many children and make successful shidduchim beh", reb. Esther Jungreis

Yael

Post Posted: Tue, Nov 22 2011, 9:48 pm       Post subject:
RachelEve14 wrote:
Yael, if my blog has no advertising on it (and no intention to put advertising on it), can I post? I haven't had time to keep up with it in the last couple of years (only just started a blog), but I'm curious if posters with no advertising blogs can post them here.

You are a mod arent you?
you are entitled to a complimentary signature ad, you can link to your blog in your signature.

to actually answer the question, if you do not have a single ad, including adsense, amazon or other affiliates, then yes. you can start one thread about your blog. obviously not overdoing it by posting multiple threads.

If you carry ads on your blog, then claiming not make money from them is not a valid reason to be able to post about your blog.

RachelEve14

Post Posted: Wed, Nov 23 2011, 1:02 am       Post subject:
Yael wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

You are a mod arent you?
you are entitled to a complimentary signature ad, you can link to your blog in your signature.

to actually answer the question, if you do not have a single ad, including adsense, amazon or other affiliates, then yes. you can start one thread about your blog. obviously not overdoing it by posting multiple threads.

If you carry ads on your blog, then claiming not make money from them is not a valid reason to be able to post about your blog.

Nope, no ads on my blog at all. There is a box you can check to allow advertising, and I don't.

In any case my blog is waaay outdated and never really got off the ground, but if I decide to work on it again in my non existent spare time I will post it up Smile )
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Technology and Devices -> Blogs & Social Media
Page 1 of 1