Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim for my ex-husband
Previous  1  2

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 12:12 pm
Tehillim said

crystal

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 12:16 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:
BH for the good news. May he have a complete recovery.
I am really amazed at all the various imamothers who post on this site, and I am constantly learning new things - ideas and ideals.
I'm just a tad confused by this thread. I didn't want to post until I heard that things went well with the surgery, and it still may not be a good time for me to ask. Please, please, YESHASettler, forgive me if I've overstepped by boundaries, but - aren't you remarried? Does your present DH know about this thread? I assume he knows that you were all day, yesterday was it, at the shiva house?
I'm obviously not understanding s/t. And it may be none of my business, so ignore me if you'd like. I'm just trying to stretch my mind and work on being more open-minded. I hope I'm not being selfish; this may not be a good time for you , , ,

Yes, I'm remarried. Yes, my husband knew I spent the entire day at the Shiva house (2 weeks ago). I don't know if my husband knows about this thread because I don't generally discuss Imamother with him, but since it was also my Facebook status, I'm sure he read that.

Many times posters will start threads about being in a bad situation and not being able to see Yad Hashem in the 'why'. After many years, I've come to the conclusion that my ex and I needed to be married in order to bring our two beautiful daughters into this world. He needed us to make Aliyah together so that once our marriage ended, I would find my true Bashert in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.

Yes, our marriage didn't work, but it doesn't erase what we once had or the fact that we have children together. It took us several years for us to get to this place, and it was ALL for the sake of our daughters, mind you. But we're there. Enough that we walked our oldest to the Chuppah together. Enough that I was Menachem Avel him, his mother and his siblings and there was no animosity to be found and yes, enough that I'm asking people to say a Perek of Tehilim for him during this trying time.

You're amazing! Refuah Shleima! And may you see lots of nachas from your family.

mamalooshin

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 12:58 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:
I am really amazed at all the various imamothers who post on this site, and I am constantly learning new things - ideas and ideals.
I'm just a tad confused by this thread. I didn't want to post until I heard that things went well with the surgery, and it still may not be a good time for me to ask. Please, please, YESHASettler, forgive me if I've overstepped by boundaries, but - aren't you remarried? Does your present DH know about this thread? I assume he knows that you were all day, yesterday was it, at the shiva house?
I'm obviously not understanding s/t. And it may be none of my business, so ignore me if you'd like. I'm just trying to stretch my mind and work on being more open-minded. I hope I'm not being selfish; this may not be a good time for you , , ,

Yes, I'm remarried. Yes, my husband knew I spent the entire day at the Shiva house (2 weeks ago). I don't know if my husband knows about this thread because I don't generally discuss Imamother with him, but since it was also my Facebook status, I'm sure he read that.

Many times posters will start threads about being in a bad situation and not being able to see Yad Hashem in the 'why'. After many years, I've come to the conclusion that my ex and I needed to be married in order to bring our two beautiful daughters into this world. He needed us to make Aliyah together so that once our marriage ended, I would find my true Bashert in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.

Yes, our marriage didn't work, but it doesn't erase what we once had or the fact that we have children together. It took us several years for us to get to this place, and it was ALL for the sake of our daughters, mind you. But we're there. Enough that we walked our oldest to the Chuppah together. Enough that I was Menachem Avel him, his mother and his siblings and there was no animosity to be found and yes, enough that I'm asking people to say a Perek of Tehilim for him during this trying time.

Wow! What can I say? You have an amazing attitude, and it's wonderful that you can see the Hashgochah Pratis in your life so clearly.

I can understand doing things for the sake of your daughters, but . . . are you sure that your DH is truly comfortable with everything - facebook status and all? I don't need or want an answer. And pardon the unsolicited advice but maybe you can show/give some extra love to your DH. It can't hurt.

Hope everything goes smoothly.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 1:51 pm
mamalooshin wrote:
Wow! What can I say? You have an amazing attitude, and it's wonderful that you can see the Hashgochah Pratis in your life so clearly.

I can understand doing things for the sake of your daughters, but . . . are you sure that your DH is truly comfortable with everything - facebook status and all? I don't need or want an answer. And pardon the unsolicited advice but maybe you can show/give some extra love to your DH. It can't hurt.

I'm not quite understanding this. People ask plenty of times to daven for complete strangers. I'm davening for the father of my daughters. What does that have to do with my husband being comfortable or not?

I think I'm missing something here.

morahtikvah

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 2:45 pm
Refuah Shlaima to your ex. And much strength to him, you, your kids and all your families.

mamalooshin

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 2:51 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:

I'm not quite understanding this. People ask plenty of times to daven for complete strangers. I'm davening for the father of my daughters. What does that have to do with my husband being comfortable or not?

I think I'm missing something here.

But he's not a complete stranger.

Listen, I don't know the whole situation. You sound like an amazing person. You went through s/t very difficult in your life, and you prevailed. You came out strong with your head and your heart in the right place.

I'm just saying that your husband is a separate person. He could not and did not experience the same life. So take that for what it's worth. And just know that I care for you as a sister cuz that's what we imamothers all are.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 1:49 am
I'm just gonna jump in here...YESHA's DH loves her daughters, as much as he loves THEIR sons. Obviously he wants their father to be healthy and in their lives...it's good for THEM. I think the ability to distinguish between what WAS (years and years before they even met) and what IS, is a valuable gift. The fact that both YESHA and her DH are able to do that is wonderful. Why does everyone around here think that an ex automatically means a terrible person? People part ways for all sorts of reasons, not just for violent ones. There's a chochma in knowing when to say it's enough, let's not make everyone suffer anymore, it will be better for everyone if we go our own way.

Sheesh.

bluebird

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 2:36 am
mamalooshin wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:

Really, is this any of your business?

mamalooshin

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:21 am
bluebird wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
mamalooshin wrote:

Really, is this any of your business?

No, actually it is NONE of my business. I think - I KNOW - that I've overstepped my bounds. Let's leave this issue alone please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed