Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is a Noa/Shuly worth the price? Looking for high-end shaitel

githen03

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 6:28 pm
I am interested in buying a very good quality shaitel for Shabbos and special occasions. I am willing to spend up to $3,000 if worth it, and I would like it to be 18". I tried on a Shuly once that I really liked, but I don't really know anyone who has one to tell me their opinion of it. Is a Shuly worth it? Will it last?

Which shaitel do you think would be worth every penny?

EDIT: I see comments here and other threads about Noa wigs. What is your opinion of them? Does she provide any type of warranty like Shuly does?

Last edited by githen03 on Thu, Nov 24 2011, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

gesher

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 6:35 pm
I have a shuly and I'm not thrilled with it. Unless ur planning to wear it just straight - like sticks then go ahead. Shuly's usually don't hold styles like curls or waves.
g'luck!

frimamom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 6:44 pm
gesher wrote:
I have a shuly and I'm not thrilled with it. Unless ur planning to wear it just straight - like sticks then go ahead. Shuly's usually don't hold styles like curls or waves.
g'luck!

I have the same problem. It doesnt hold a style. I would suggest you get a kiki. Im very happy with it

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 6:45 pm
I think the expensive Shevys (not elite) are worth every penny. Although I do know some people who fell in with a lemon, so get it through someone who will back it for you.

honeygold

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 6:51 pm
gesher wrote:
g'luck!

I have a shuly and I am very happy with it. It does have a hard time keeping the style so my solution is A. I ask them to make it in tight curls so that when it falls a little then its wavy (which is really what I want) and B. I put a ton of hairspray in it and spray it every few days so that the style doesnt come out to quickly. I love the fit of the shaitel and the hair is really nice. I also love the cut on it, which was done by shuly herself. Also I spent about $1200 to buy it and it is a long 18 inch.

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 7:31 pm
honeygold wrote:
gesher wrote:
g'luck!

I have a shuly and I am very happy with it. It does have a hard time keeping the style so my solution is A. I ask them to make it in tight curls so that when it falls a little then its wavy (which is really what I want) and B. I put a ton of hairspray in it and spray it every few days so that the style doesnt come out to quickly. I love the fit of the shaitel and the hair is really nice. I also love the cut on it, which was done by shuly herself. Also I spent about $1200 to buy it and it is a long 18 inch.

when did you purchase yours? I looked into getting a 16 or 18 inch shuly in 2008 and they quoted me 2400 iirc.

if I had the money, I'd probably get a noa.

honeygold

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 7:41 pm
I got mine from shuly's store about 2 yrs ago. Mine is not European hair I think its south american or something which is a bit cheaper.

jelly belly

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 7:42 pm
My shuly was definitely worth the price I paid. I wear it daily and it looks excellent after three years. The hair is smooth and silky and washes well with minimal to no styling required. I do wear it straight, so I can't comment on whether it would hold other styles well.

Elisheva

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 9:35 pm
gesher wrote:
g'luck!

I have a Shuly too and I have the same problem - it's nice to hear I'm not the only one! It looks gorgeous when it's first set and a day or two later it gets completely straight. But I do get a lot of compliments on it. I had it for four years and it still looks nice. I got it during one of their sales (was in the month of August) and it was a precut - only $1600.

If you can wait for one of their sales, it may be worth it.

githen03

Post Tue, Nov 22 2011, 10:01 pm
Ok everyone, thanks for your input so far. Does anyone have a Shuly that does hold curls? Noa sounds promising, does anyone know if she stands by her product? Do her shaitels come with a warranty?

red_velvet

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 6:53 pm
Another Shuly owner here. Like the others said, it's a gorgeous wig, beautiful-feeling hair, get lots of compliments, but does not hold waves for more than a few days. I spend a lot of money to keep redoing it. Sad
If you like the straighter look than go for it. I spent around $2100 a little over 2 years ago.

Rikolla3

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 7:07 pm
same here, have a shuly was horrible, replaced it, horrible again, replaced it for a 3rd time, decent but very silky doesnt hold anything not even a little volume in the bangs. would not recommend!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels