Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Very nervous about a lump on my baby

amother

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:19 pm
I just noticed two bumps behind my 20 month old's ear yesterday. I've been sick with worry ever since.
I keep.imagining awful things and had nightmares at night.
I know you guys are not doctors, but has anyone had anything similar?
Its definitely not a bite or bump from falling etc. more under the skin kind of thing.

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:22 pm
sounds like a swollen gland.

is your child a girl? does she wear earrings?

does your child have a stuffy nose?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:24 pm
I freaked out over a lump on my ds's neck, and the ped said it was normal. Yours is most likely the same, just check with your ped next time you go in.

fc8899

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:27 pm
I found two on the back of my babies neck a week ago, ran to the doc who said it was nothing, but you need the reassurance from the doc so go just to be calm.
when I went to pick my baby up frojm the babysitter I showed it to her, who showed me one on her baby and on another child there. she said its common in infants.
but go to the doc, it gives you peace of mind

amother

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:32 pm
gold21 wrote:
sounds like a swollen gland.

is your child a girl? does she wear earrings?

does your child have a stuffy nose?

Op here. It's a boy, so thats out. He has a very slight cold.
Does it make sense to go to the doc tomorrow just for this ?
Btw I reread my above post & noticed how frantic I must sound to all of u.
Our imaginations sure run wild when it comes to our kids.
I really pray it'll turn out to be nothing.

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:43 pm
dont worry, you sound like a normal mom.

it cant hurt to go to the doc, because he will reassure you and then you wont have nightmares IY"H. Smile
you dont have anything to lose, you may as well go...

it is likely a swollen gland, but I dont know whats causing it- maybe an allergy? maybe your child's nose is not draining properly? swollen glands feel like small hard round lumps.

I get swollen glands whenever I wear silver earrings- I am allergic to anything but gold. Crying

amother

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:49 pm
gold21 wrote:
dont worry, you sound like a normal mom.

it cant hurt to go to the doc, because he will reassure you and then you wont have nightmares IY"H. Smile

it is likely a swollen gland, but I dont know whats causing it- maybe an allergy? swollen glands feel like small hard round lumps.

I get swollen glands whenever I wear silver earrings- I am allergic to anything but gold. Crying

And that can be behind the ear? I thought thats closer to the neck or front of the ear.
Thanks a lot gold, you put me at ease somewhat. But I'll iyH go check it out tomorrow.

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 10:54 pm
swollen glands are behind the ear all the way down to the underside of the chin.... the first time I felt a swollen gland, as a teen, I panicked and was really scared, because it felt like a lump.... I really should stick to gold earrings Confused ...

sleep well, and DONT worry about it. beezras Hashem it is nothing.

cmommy

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 12:37 am
I just had a similar thing happen with my baby a few weeks ago. It turned out that she had an ear infection and the bump was a swollen gland. It doesn't hurt to have it checked out to calm your nerves. Also, my pediatrician let me know that it could take a few weeks to go away and not to be alarmed by that.

imamama

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 1:23 am
What cmommy said. This actually happened to me about a year ago. I had a lump behind my ear, and it was starting to hurt. So I went to the doctor, who said I had a horrible infection in my ear and he actually sent me to the ER to get IV antibiotics. (Don't worry, the story ends well.) So after waiting for hours for the ENT, I finally got seen. He took one look and said, "You have swimmer's ear. Here are some drops. Go home." And that was that.

The lump is a swollen lymph node. There's no need to worry unless it is hurting him. It indicates infection in the area. It could be a ear infection, or even an infection on his scalp. Take him to the doctor just to have it checked out, but in all likelihood it is nothing to freak out about at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics