Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Online size charts... What size am I???

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 11:50 am
Here's my problem - Due to our current situation, I can only shop for clothes online. I can't seem to find a clear cut definition of any sizes. Every website out there has a different sizing-chart! The charts don't even make sense. I thought I wore one size, but I checked on some websites, and according to their measurements, it's not the right size! I haven't been shopping in many many many years. This could be why none of the sizes make sense to me. Has the sizing system changed that much? What should I do? Can someone please oh please explain to me the size definitions (both european and american)

TIA!!!

STMommy

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:03 pm
I definitely think the sizing system has changed tremendously even just in the last 10-20 years. I just cleaned out a closet of old clothes and in my estimation, everything today is two sizes off (today's size 8 is the old size 12).
Read this article about "vanity sizing":

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion......html

nicole81

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 5:36 pm
STMommy wrote:
I definitely think the sizing system has changed tremendously even just in the last 10-20 years. I just cleaned out a closet of old clothes and in my estimation, everything today is two sizes off (today's size 8 is the old size 12).
Read this article about "vanity sizing":

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion......html

also you should note that cut varies from designer to designer, as well as from item to item. look at the size chart specific to the site or garment, and go by that. it's very likely that you are different sizes in different brands.

MamaBear

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 6:08 pm
This is why I only order online if I can return I for free by mail or to a brick and mortar store. I have skirts that range from a zero (which is laughable b/c I'm just not that thin) to an 8, all purchased in recent yrs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics