Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Matching the tights and shoes with skirt

CherryBerry

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 2:58 pm
what color tights do you wear with a short blue denim skirt?
what color shoes go with what color skirts/outfits?

I'm looking to expand my black/black/black that I do so far.
so what goes with denim?
brown?
black, besides more black?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:22 pm
By me most colours go with denim.
Davka navy doesn't always go with black, though.

CherryBerry

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 1:57 pm
bump for more responses, please.
I'm going shoes shopping and want to know what to buy. can I wear black shoes with a denim or brown skirt?
its so hard for me to find shoes that are comfortable. do I need 2 colors? can I get away with black for everything?

PLEASE HELP!
I am planning a slow turn over of my wardrobe to update my style, and get more in touch with what other ladies my age are wearing. I still have clothing from seminary in my closet, you dont want to know how many years ago that is embarrassed
I am turning to you for advice. I really want to dress more fashionably. I really do. I just need help with specifics.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 2:02 pm
I need help with this too, so bump!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 2:07 pm
I also hate to wear black skit, black tights and black shoes

with denim you can really wear any colour tights, but brown only if the boots you are wearing are also brown. you could also wear grey tights, there are some nicely patterned grey ones at the moment in the shops wear I live. grey would look nice also with black. do not mix with black with brown when it comes to skirts/tights. it is ok to wear a brown bag or something with a black skirt, though.

with a black skirt, do not wear brown tights.

with a brown skirt, do not wear black tights.

with a denim skirt, really any colour shoes goes, but with a black skirt, do not wear brown boots/shoes/heals.

one more thing - when you buy tights, you must make sure they contain ELASTINE (ideally they should be made of 8 percent and upwards elastine - you will never find anymore than around 18 percent elastine). but the closer they are towards this 18 percent or so, the better. without elastine, tights are very frumpy looking and unattractive. most woollen tights contain no elastine. the elastine makes the material (tights) cling to your legs, so that they look very fitting, and not frumpy and loose. the more elastine, the nicer and elegant they will look. check the back of the packet it will tell you the percentages.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 2:15 pm
I'd say, black is safe, and if you see that any other color shoes match the outfit, wear them too. Nude tights also go with everything, just as black. If I wear any other color tights, then one other piece of the outfit is the same color - e.g. purple tights, purple sweater, denim skirt, black boots, black hat. Or green sweater, black skirt, tights, boots, green knee highs peeking out of the boots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics