Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Father waiting for the bus
Previous  1  2

chen

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 9:47 am
timeout wrote:
Chen - That sounds absolutely ridiculous, my DH was nervous at the begining with both babies but once he got the hang of it at some things he was better than me!

I do know some DH's who will pretend not to know anything so they get out of helping.

Far from implying that your DH is incompetent, I was pointing out that some people, usually women, cannot conceive of a man being capable of caring for children, and therefore do not consider a child in the care of his father to be properly supervised. I most assuredly did not claim to be of their ilk, coming from a family in which at least three generations of men are or have been expert caregivers. That includes my teenage sons who babysit and are camp counselors. AFAIK they have never flushed a baby down the toilet. Nor a diaper, either.

( BTW--don't you recognize satirical humor when you see it? )

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 10:09 am
yep chen nice twist to this.

dan l'kaf zchus is a mitzvah!!! I guess I also feel uncomfortable since my DH is the only husband that is involved in daily schedule.

raizy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 2:49 am
my hubby also waits for the buses if I cant make it. at that morning rush hour . I have 4 kids leaving on four different buses and I have dc kids coming in all at the same time. so of course this is a two person operation.!!it is the kids father not a stranger or a goyter.

in my area their is a mens club every day .I see all the fathers waiting for the bus. so no you are not alone.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics