Home

Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

lovemywig

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:31 am       Post subject:
Mama Bear wrote:
Even if 120 of the recipes are from the magazines that's okay by me; I didnt tear out all of her recipes from the magazines and this way it's all collated beautifully.

It costs $31 in wmsbg. My dh bh got it for me at wholesale price ($22).

Can he pick me up a copy to

bluesclues

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:44 am       Post subject:

bluesclues

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:44 am       Post subject:

bluesclues

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:45 am       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?

newcomer

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 10:25 am       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
love her recipes! I saved all her columns from the magazines - does it pay to buy? or are there very few new recipes?

3Qts

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 7:08 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
Pretty dissapointed that its recipes that she had in the magazine. I save all the recipes so this wont be a new cookbook for me..

September June

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 8:27 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
I was excited for it too.
How many recipes are recycled?

jbf

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:03 pm       Post subject:
Ordered mine this morning from Amazon. Can't wait to get it since I have never seen any of her recipes.

sleepwalking

Post Posted: Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:00 am       Post subject:
So what's your opinion? Is it worth buying?

mol

Post Posted: Mon, Dec 05 2011, 9:18 am       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
what are some recipes worth trying from this cookbook?? anyone make anything good??

ClaRivka

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 4:42 pm       Post subject:
cant decide whether to buy it or not...I collect recipes from magazines so what if I get it and there's nothing I havent seen?

key

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:50 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
I also save her recipes from magazines and I found alot of new ones....

so far I have tried the milchig salad with parmesan cheese and avacado was delicous and light

I made chayas eggplant salad and love it!!!

the pizza dough recipe is great as well as the mushroom onion calzones.

I made almost all the chicken cutlet recipes but only liked the honey mustard one....

shmaichul

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:45 pm       Post subject:
I used the cookbook for the first time and made the honey mustard chicken and it was a big hit! Can't wait to try some more!

random

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 9:53 pm       Post subject: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbook?
I had extra money on Amazon, so based on reviews here, I bought it (since I don't get Mishpacha, and wouldn't have seen any of those recipes). I was a little disappointed. I think all of her cutlet recipes require frying, which I can't do because DH puts dinner in the oven for me (I come home after him), and only one of the salads had ingredients that I would actually have around the house. I try not to cook with too much pasta, of which she had a whole bunch of recipes.

I don't know - maybe it's just me. But I wasn't thrilled. I probably should have gotten Estee Kafra's Cooking With Color, which was my other option - I LOVE Spice it Right.

maze

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:19 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbo
random wrote:
I had extra money on Amazon, so based on reviews here, I bought it (since I don't get Mishpacha, and wouldn't have seen any of those recipes). I was a little disappointed. I think all of her cutlet recipes require frying, which I can't do because DH puts dinner in the oven for me (I come home after him), and only one of the salads had ingredients that I would actually have around the house. I try not to cook with too much pasta, of which she had a whole bunch of recipes.

I don't know - maybe it's just me. But I wasn't thrilled. I probably should have gotten Estee Kafra's Cooking With Color, which was my other option - I LOVE Spice it Right.

Spice it Right is good, but don't like cooking with color as much- I haven't made anything from the second, although spice it right I've used many times.

September June

Post Posted: Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:21 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Anyone get their hands on Leah Schapira's new cookbo
maze wrote:
random wrote:

Spice it Right is good, but don't like cooking with color as much- I haven't made anything from the second, although spice it right I've used many times.

I liked spice it right better also, cooking with color used more exotic ingredients since the theme of the book was color.
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2