Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Contemporary music based on psalms -- looking for performers

poemmom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:14 am
Does anyone know of solo or duo act acoustic performers in Israel of original contemporary music based on psalms?
I'm looking for little-known performers-- NOT big names-- to collaborate with me on a performance in Jerusalem.

Male or female, religious or not (though willing to perform in a mixed setting), Hebrew or English performances (but able to speak English).

Or maybe you know where I should begin looking for such people? Not having much success online so far-- is there a forum somewhere for that sort of thing?

(please, helpful comments only -- I'm not interested in debating halachic interpretations)

HooRYou

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:20 am
Maybe try

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/RahelJaskow

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 6:21 am
I don't know what she's up to now or where she lives, but Vanessa Paloma was one of my singing teachers at Kol Neshama in Los Angeles. She's composed lots of her own music, including arrangements from Tehillim that we sang in our productions.

http://vanessapaloma.blogspot.com/

She specializes more in the medieval music of Spain and Morocco, though.

poemmom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 11:48 pm
thanks for the leads so far!
Shabbat Shalom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics