Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Waxing vs threading

amother

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:20 pm
Which is better for your face?

I now laser or electrolysis might be the answer you want to give but right now thats not in the budget.

I usually wax my upper lip only. (eyebrows I tweeze myself.) Today my waxing person said I should wax my chin. But if I wax my chin I feel like ill have to include my sideburns as well. So anyway, which would you say lasts longest and is better for ur skin?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:51 pm
IMO, they both last the same amount of time. I only thread because my skin breaks out from the wax ripping at my skin. With threading, it's only pulling at the hair. Threading is definitely more painful. . . my friend did peachfuzz on her face recently and said it was horrible. I got my upper lip done, and it hurt a lot. I usually have my eyebrows threaded once a month.

ElTam

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 4:05 pm
For me, threading definitely lasts longer and is more precise, so you get a better look if you are talking about eyebrows.

Threading hurts more for sure, and it takes longer. Take ibuprofen 30 mins before you go and schedule your appointment around your mikveh night. Your skin is more delicate when you are having your cycle. An aesthetician told me this several years ago and I've found it to be true. That salon did not do any waxing or threading if you were having a period.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 4:10 pm
Waxing hurts but when I did threading I had tears rolling down my cheeks! It kills!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:55 pm
I also find threading eyebrows hurts more than waxing them. I think the best is tweezing but it is hard to find a beautician who does it around me (anyway I do it myself 95% times). By me threading didn't work well, my hair was too thin I was told...

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:09 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
IMO, they both last the same amount of time. I only thread because my skin breaks out from the wax ripping at my skin. With threading, it's only pulling at the hair. Threading is definitely more painful. . . my friend did peachfuzz on her face recently and said it was horrible. I got my upper lip done, and it hurt a lot. I usually have my eyebrows threaded once a month.
Why don't you guys shave?

MrsDash

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

Waxing is a lot more efficient than shaving. I've been getting brazilians for several years now, and the hairs are much thinner, grow much slower, and there are areas where the hairs don't even grow anymore. A lot less maintenance involved after waxing for a while.

MGmom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:33 pm
Shave where? Eyebrows? Are u kidding me!?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:50 pm
So glad I came upon this thread. I was considering giving threading a try. Not anymore. It sounds awful.

realeez

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:55 pm
I've had my eyebrows threaded and didn find it much worse than waxing... Seems like I'm a rarity!

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

Cuz shaving eyebrows would look pretty bad..... Very Happy

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:22 pm
waxing eyebrows is pretty painless and quick. Plus theres a salon across the street from me. I'd have to travel to find a threading salon.

Does anyone actually SHAVE their eyebrows? maybe with a really teeny shaver...

momigor

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 8:03 pm
Some threaders are much quicker and talented at what they do. I find the eyebrows don't hurt (and lasts much longer than waxing), but the upper lip does hurt a bit.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 8:20 pm
When I was 14 I shaved above my lip and never again. Definitely not my eyebrows! Spare me that sight!

soproud

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 8:33 pm
I prefer threading because then my skin isn't red and sticky from wax. Threading is also better for the actual shaping of the eyebrows. I haven't found it to be much more painful than waxing- I get a bit teary doing both anyway.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 9:31 am
amother wrote:
So glad I came upon this thread. I was considering giving threading a try. Not anymore. It soun
ds awful.

I love it for eyebrows. Before I discovered threading I only tweezed and it never looked as good. Now I always have well-groomed brows. Threading is so quick, and the shape is usually fantastic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics