Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Subtitled or dubbed?
Previous  1  2

If you're watching a program that's in a language that you don't understand, would you rather see it with subtitles or dubbed?
subtitled  
 67%  [ 76 ]
dubbed  
 13%  [ 15 ]
I don't like seeing any foreign programs at all.  
 17%  [ 20 ]
other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 112

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 2:51 pm
Wow, I'm really surprised to see subtitles are winning out, but then, this is a very literate group. I think the answers would be different if you took a population that doesn't read much.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 3:58 pm
I also prefer subtitles. I like having subtitles even if I'm watching a film in American English. I find there is often at least one scene in which the actors whisper or mumble and I cannot figure out what they're saying.

It is effortless for me to read while watching, so I don't think it takes away from my experience of the action at all.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 5:07 pm
I prefee dubbed and I rarely meet someone who read as much as I do. Simply movies for me are to unwind.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 5:46 pm
Subtitles for sure!
We actually watch most programs and movies with subtitles this way we don't miss some words but if its a foreign film id rather hear the other language that goes with their mouth movement and have subtitles than watch and hear two separate things.

imamiri

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:34 am
zaq wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
looking at their mouth and it's not right is just annoying.

This. It's discombobulating.

That. And thank you, Zaq, for using one of my favorite words!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics