Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Does Imamother only post "kosher" ads?

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:23 am
Isn't this a frum website? If so, I was very surprised to see ads posted from Usingers and Schwans when I went to one of the threads. They did not indicate being kosher.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:34 am
The ads that Yael sells, for example, to bitzofglitzonline.com, are always goinig to be kosher.

However, there are several spaces for Google ads, which vary all the time. In fact, if you're logged into your google account, these ads can be tailored to your interests, based on your gmail and search history.

You can always click "report offensive ad" under the google ads.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:27 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
The ads that Yael sells, for example, to bitzofglitzonline.com, are always goinig to be kosher.

However, there are several spaces for Google ads, which vary all the time. In fact, if you're logged into your google account, these ads can be tailored to your interests, based on your gmail and search history.

how do I go about that?

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:34 am
I clicked the offensive ad, but don't know where to find the url.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:35 am
I find some of the various scenes in the Zales Jewelery ads that keep appearing to be very offensive and I've reported them twice, but they're still up so I assume the mods don't agree. Do others think they're offensive (very provocative types of scenes)?

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:37 am
I've never clicked on the Zales Jewelry ad, so I'll try and check it out next time it comes my way.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:42 am
tsiggelle wrote:

how do I go about that?

no one knows?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:48 am
tsiggelle wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:

how do I go about that?

no one knows?

There are instructions here in one of the threads in the forum with the Imamother info, but basically, you need to right click the ad and select "copy link information". If that option isn't there, you need to click on the ad, and the copy the URL of the page it goes to. Then click on the link to "report offensive ad" under where the ad appears on the page here and fill out the form and paste the copied information into the box indicating what you found offensive about the ad.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:51 am
OOTBubby wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:

how do I go about that?

no one knows?

There are instructions here in one of the threads in the forum with the Imamother info, but basically, you need to right click the ad and select "copy link information". If that option isn't there, you need to click on the ad, and the copy the URL of the page it goes to. Then click on the link to "report offensive ad" under where the ad appears on the page here and fill out the form and paste the copied information into the box indicating what you found offensive about the ad.

thank you.

I had understood that I can tell google which ads not to send me. was I mistaken? I do remember someone saying that they could ban all ads, but I want to know how to ban certain categories from google itself on my computer.

would you know anything about that?

hadasa

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 9:52 am
I think she was asking about tailoring the ads, not reporting them. I think the tailoring happens automatically, albeit imperfectly.

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 10:53 am
hadasa wrote:
I think she was asking about tailoring the ads, not reporting them. I think the tailoring happens automatically, albeit imperfectly.

what do you mean 'tailoring them'?

groisamomma

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 11:04 am
tsiggelle wrote:
hadasa wrote:

She means according to what your interests are. The computer, or Google Ads, picks up hints about what would interest you based on what you type and/or pictures of products you view. I doubt there's a way to tell Google, "don't send me ads about clothing, only jewelry." Very Happy

tsiggelle

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 11:12 am
groisamomma wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
hadasa wrote:

She means according to what your interests are. The computer, or Google Ads, picks up hints about what would interest you based on what you type and/or pictures of products you view. I doubt there's a way to tell Google, "don't send me ads about clothing, only jewelry." Very Happy

aha

MGmom

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 11:18 am
I make sure to sign into my google acct and so I basically only see ads of sites I typically search or visit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics