Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone familiar with "c difficile?"
Previous  1  2

mammala120

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 5:11 am
soory to hear what you are going through, but there are few things we all as parents need to understand.

1. antibiotics are not an ONLY answer to illness even bacterial.
2. doctor's don't know everything....they go by the books and they are not even taught nutrition and alternative medicine.
3. any gastric illness occurs when there is weakness in the gut and bad bacteral proliferate: any infection even parasites, yeast, ext.
4. you should concentrate on strengthening his immunity .................................

How you may ask:
keep him on diet : toast, banana, organic apples, chicken soup with lots of garlic and onions, kid's probiotic is must. include cinnamon and cumin in his diet. pure pomegranate juice with no added sugar or actual pomegrantae is great too.

there are more

call Mrs. Zahler's she will help you with alternative treatments and advice is free.
1877 ASK ZAHLERS this is the number.

let me know if you need more advice , info.
refuah shelema.

Liba

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 5:34 am
Untreated cdif can cause long term damage to the gut. If he is around people with immunodeficiency and shares (and it spreads easily to people with immune issues) it can easily kill them.

Please be careful.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:16 am
op here. I was thinking of trying something natural, but really I'm not THAT familiar with this diagnosis. I tried googling but all I got was flagyl as a result. I'm sure if I call any nutritionist they'll have a bunch of things to offer...im just not comfortable doing this on my own without a doctors consent.

yb

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:25 am
amother wrote:
op here. I was thinking of trying something natural, but really I'm not THAT familiar with this diagnosis. I tried googling but all I got was flagyl as a result. I'm sure if I call any nutritionist they'll have a bunch of things to offer...im just not comfortable doing this on my own without a doctors consent.

Good for you. Natural alternatives are great for some things, and in addition to others. This is NOT something you only treat with natural alternatives. It is a dangerous thing to have and pass along if left untreated. Great for you for listening to your medical professional IRL over imamother advice from us Smile

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:10 am
amother wrote:

amother w/ cdiff kid:

If you still need some guidance, maybe ask pediatrician to refer you to a gi.

You might get alot more answers to the very good questions you have.

But give the medicine. you must.

marina

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 12:38 pm
c diff is super dangerous, I would place it on par with pneumonia in terms of severity of illness. I would definitely not play around with natural stuff and I would also ask to have my child hospitalized and placed on IVs if nothing improved in the next few days.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 2:02 pm
to bnm:
are u sure u gave me the right phone # to the pharmacy? I know u told me they're not open on sunday, but I tried calling just t hear which pharmacy it is & their hours. it just keeps on ringing... no recording or anything. what's the name of the pharmacy?

yb

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 11:38 am
How is he doing?

MillerFamily

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 12:46 pm
this article was published in WIRED magazine last week. it IS NOT a joke, and it might be something you want to look into. click on the link below, hope this helps.

Wired magazine - C. Difficile cure

amother

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 2:12 pm
op here.
I'm getting custom flagyl suppositories from globe drugs soon. hashem should help that it should work!

CrunchyNotFlakey

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 6:19 am
amother wrote:
op here.
I'm getting custom flagyl suppositories from globe drugs soon. hashem should help that it should work!

Davening for your family. Do you have an update?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 9:19 am
op here! thanks so much for having us in mind! that's so kind of you!
b"h so far he's doing well on the suppositories. I don't see any obvious side effects. after he finishes with meds for 10 days, I have to retake a stool test. I hope to hear good news iy'h.
btw, I forgot to mention that the suppositories are 5-10 percent less in absorbancy compared to taking oral flagyl.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 11:33 am
Hi,

I hope your kid is doing better. I have three boys who are immune dificient. They all got C Diff at one point.
We are still batteling getting it under control with one of my sons. 2 of my sons needed vanco after trying flagyl three times. They ended up being admitted at one point or another too. My kids GI doctor keeps reiterating that you need to clorox the house cuz spores live on surfaces for months and that its very contagious. I hope you get it under control soon and I hope the suppositories work. When my boys were on flagyl one son has a g tube so it was easy to get in the medicine. My other son was very young so it was easier to get it in. When we had to switch to vanco my doctor had a special pharmacy compound it and they made flavored so it would not be to awful.

farm

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:50 pm
Don't retest too quickly- you need to wait 30 days. Your child may still carry C diff but no longer be infected, the test is not reliable if it is redone too soon. If you go to the IDSA website (IDSociety.org) and click on the guidelines link, you can check out the C diff diagnostic and treatment guidelines.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics