Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Belly button piercing
Previous  1  2

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 5:15 am
The stud is bent so it lays against the inside of my nose. So blowing my nose is not a problem Smile

hey its me

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 11:24 pm
amother when I was 16 I decided to pierce my belly, I did it w/out informing my mum, one evening I was doing a back flip in the living room and my mum saw it!!!! she threw a fit so I took it out, it closed fast..

bc my mum made such a big deal out of it I did it again, it got infected anyway to cut the story short, I did it 3x untill I got the need out of my system and got rid of it FOR GOOD!!

teens want to try things on one hand u shouldnt just allow ur daughter to go pierce her belly on the other hand if u say outright NO she might davka go do it, I dont know ur daughter but I know wen I was growing up the more my mum put me down and commented on my clothes etc the lower I fell...

I would say sit down with her ask her why she wants it??ask her if she pictures herself ahead a mum with a belly piercing...

I wish I could talk 2 her..yea it hurts and now im left with a ugly scar!

hopefully shel get over it and realize its a silly thing to do

raizy

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 12:17 am
yup amasseder the same story happened to me. my son had an hernia in his pupuik or so I thought. I was showing the hernia to my sil and she at first thought I meant thelower part. so my hubby gave me a crash course in thermalogy.

like a nipple in north ameraca is what we use for on top of a bottle and in europe they call it a tit... try calling it a tit in the u.s.a. or a nipple in europe....

also we told the kids that a pupiulk is a belly betton. I dont need any kid kicked out of school bc of this. they call it a jelly button.

also my son keeps asking when his pimples will fall off. like he thinks the breast pimples are chicken pox. I think he just about reliaged that they are not going to fall off any time soon!!!Smile

amother

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 7:07 pm
Original Imamother here - she still does not have a pierced belly.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 9:40 pm
(re: pupicks=belly buttons... My husband thinks they're stomach muscles...mmm...good chicken soup!)

Different amother here.
I'm the one who had a brother who pierced his tongue twice and let it close.
2 weeks ago I saw that my 17-year-old sister had her belly button pierced! She didn't mean for me to notice, but her shirt rose up (no, she doesn't dress the most tzniyus). She said she had it done, it closed, and she decided to have it redone again for the summer> I was shocked!
But she was like, "I hope you don't think any less of me..."
which I don't, because I know other things that I'm less impressed with about her.... Crying
My husband said - it's cool! Well, at least she knows we're accepting of her.
Just watch out, other amother! My sister isn't sure that our mother even knows about it. If she wants, she can do it without telling you!
I would not start telling her about no swimming, etc, unless you look into it first, because it may not be true. However, you may want to suggest she waits until she's 18, if she still wants it.
I don't think it's an aveira, just not accepted in many circles.
good luck!

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 10:37 pm
my sister pierced her belly button when she was a teenager and it got really infected...eewwwwww

chavamom

Post Tue, Aug 29 2006, 10:43 pm
A girl from here got kicked out of seminary last year for getting her bellybutton pierced when the hanhala found out about it. I didn't realize that it was so common in the frum world. Oy. Having worked L&D, yes, they get stretched out, but it's really not that noticable. Unlike some of the tattoos some women have. We used to joke that women contemplating getting a tattoo should have to have a mandatory meeting with an L&D nurse. "You know that cute little dolphin you want to get on your belly? Think 'Shamu'." Seriously. I once had a woman that had had a flower tatooed around her belly button. Did not look so pretty in her ninth month. Nor the woman who had gotten Betty Boop tatooed on her tuchus and then gained a lot in pregnancy. YIKES!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 30 2006, 10:11 pm
that's an interesting twist, chavamom.
ps is that your baby? yumm! that is one of the zeesest pictures I've ever seen

chavamom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2006, 11:00 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

ps is that your baby? yumm! that is one of the zeesest pictures I've ever seen

Yup, that's her Very Happy ! That was the day she was born and she is now 10 mos. old though - and starting to walk. Wah! They grow up so fast!

Piper

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 8:52 pm
Kmelion wrote:
The stud is bent so it lays against the inside of my nose. So blowing my nose is not a problem Smile

I know this is an old post, but, did you go to a piercing shop? I did, and yes, there is no problem, but DH likes to tease that I will blow it out and kill someone. LOL

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 11:32 pm
Piper wrote:
I know this is an old post, but, did you go to a piercing shop? I did, and yes, there is no problem, but DH likes to tease that I will blow it out and kill someone. LOL

For my nose, yes, I did.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 12:46 pm
I was in the village with my daughter and my dh

and she walked alone inside a store that did piercing

they told her even with her parents permission they would not do it.

she walked alone inside another store (maybe- Isreali(

and they said yes -if I would sign a consent form -

she will has no piercings
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children