Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help with "Secret Santa" ideas!

crl

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 10:08 am
Hey everyone,

So basically, I work for a company that is Jewish-owned but I am the only Jew in my department. We're a close knit group of around 10 people.

One of my coworkers decided to organize a Secret Santa, but I didn't receive my "buddy" until today -- and there was no master list, so my buddy can be one of two people, who are VERY different! One option is a very low key and sweet Asian woman who is expecting a baby in March, and the second option is a very opinionated (but very nice) more polished Czech woman.

The limit is $20 and we're exchanging gifts on Friday. Since I only found out today, and don't know for sure who my person is, I need help coming up with generic gift ideas that every woman would appreciate. I was thinking some sort of spa set, or winter set (scarf and matching hat) or maybe baking something (since I trust my kashrus but obviously can't trust theirs Smile) but any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 10:13 am
I'd go with the hat/scarf/gloves set. If they don't like it or have use for it, they can regift to just about anyone. If you make it a gender-neutral color and design, so much the better.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 1:05 pm
I would not bring anything homemade. How do you explain that they can eat your cookies but their cookies are not good enough for you?

Last edited by amother on Tue, May 22 2018, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

red sea

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 1:14 pm
A good umbrella?

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 1:29 pm
I would go with a spa set or similar.

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:23 pm
A Pashmina?

1Life2Live

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:55 pm
a nice food platter/dish, a gift card, old wedding gifts you never used... take a walk in Target and I'm sure you'll see something appropriate for the holidays.

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 2:59 pm
All are good ideas. I think any of the above would be lovely. Here's one more thought. How about a desk set for work? Pretty paperweight, pen/pencil; that kind of thing.

crl

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 3:18 pm
Thanks for all the great ideas! I think I'm gonna go with a small bath set, plus one of those fake pashminas you can get at Target for like 10 bucks. Either that, or a cute mug with some mini coffee/tea/hot cocoa packets with a pair of gloves.

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it! Thinking of gifts is hard! Smile

CatLady

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 3:23 pm
In my office, anything coffee- or tea- related is a huge hit! Maybe a Starbucks gift card tucked into a travel mug???

amother

Post Wed, Dec 21 2011, 8:08 am
LOL! Secret santa for grown ups!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics