Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shows like Whitney and New Girl

havefaith

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 9:30 pm
Anyone know of silly commedy shows like ''Whitney'' and ''New Girl''? I used to enjoy more serious shows like desperate housewives and brothers and sisters but I'm into more fun things now. what kind of shows are fun?

Lefty

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 9:57 pm
"Friends" is what comes to mind when I think of Whitney

checkbefore

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 10:02 pm
I only watch comedy too. You can try Raising Hope, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, and Suburgatory

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 10:14 pm
I like "Man Up"

avi0903

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 10:24 pm
I want to first make this disclaimer, because it will seem as though I watch too much TV (which I probably do). But I want to say that I don't watch all these shows every week. I record them and watch them when I have time. I like Last Man Standing (the new Tim Allen show), 2 Broke Girls, Modern Family, The Middle, Suburgatory, Community, Park and Recreation, and Big Bang Theory.

I used to like Glee, now I just watch it with my daughter because we feel like we invested time into it, we are waiting to see if gets any better.

Aribenj

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 11:45 pm
Happy Endings is the new Friends

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 12:22 am
I second most of the above.

2 broke girls is heartwarming, the jokes are really icky half the time.

Last man standing is really clean and really funny.

Raising hope is heartwarming and quirky.

Suburgatory is really funny and basically clean.

Happy Endings is definitely the new ” Friends”. Amazing cast and super funny.

Up All Night is also really sweet with a fabulous cast. I cry at the end scene of every episode!!

Community and parks n rec are intelligent comedies with really clever plots.

I tried getting into Modern Family but had no patience for it. Tried ”THE MIDDLE” for a few eps but lost patience too, it was too onenote. I'm still following The Office but it's so boring.

yummydd

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 2:29 am
I love 2 broke girls! I think its great

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:15 pm
yummydd wrote:
I love 2 broke girls! I think its great

I've been marathon watching 2 broke girls for 2 days and the writing is GENIUS!!!

checkbefore

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:18 pm
While the writing is genius, the acting isn't.

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:28 pm
checkbefore wrote:
While the writing is genius, the acting isn't.

Max is a bit dry, but her delivery is always spot on. Caroline annoys me. But Theres so many good jokes to take from it! I can't help watching!!

Unfortunately, I'm gonna probably have most of those jokes stuck in my stomach cuz I'll never get an opportunity to use them….

checkbefore

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:32 pm
You can always call random numbers in the phone book and say your favorite lines.

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 1:34 pm
checkbefore wrote:
You can always call random numbers in the phone book and say your favorite lines.

THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!

Almost as funny as licking all the cutlery at a table before ppl sit down.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 9:24 pm
I wanted to like 2 Broke Girls, but the main actress--what's her name? The dark one--got me nervous. AND, the nail in the coffin was that they stole a line from Friends! Lol I got so mad I stopped watching.
It was when the blonde asked the dark girl to help her with something, to which she responded, "Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to." Hello? That was Phoebe's line in Friends, from the first episode! I always loved it! How COULD they steal it? Exploding anger

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 9:28 pm
crush wrote:
I wanted to like 2 Broke Girls, but the main actress--what's her name? The dark one--got me nervous. AND, the nail in the coffin was that they stole a line from Friends! Lol I got so mad I stopped watching.
It was when the blonde asked the dark girl to help her with something, to which she responded, "Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to." Hello? That was Phoebe's line in Friends, from the first episode! I always loved it! How COULD they steal it? Exploding anger

I remember! it was when ross asked her if she wanted to help him put his furniture together!

"she got the good tv. what did you get?" "you guys."

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 9:30 pm
sequoia wrote:
crush wrote:

I remember! it was when ross asked her if she wanted to help him put his furniture together!

"she got the good tv. what did you get?" "you guys."

YES!!!! LOL Oh, how I miss that show! I still love it!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Dec 23 2011, 12:06 am
Suburgatory
Melissa and Joey- and if you like it, the two main characters play in a movie called 'My Fake Fiance', a rom-com.

slushiemom

Post Fri, Dec 23 2011, 12:29 am
I love all these new sitcoms!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics