Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Easy Quiche Recipe?

Peanut2

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 7:57 am
I never make quiche and really want to make one. Preferably dairy but it's okay if it's parve, ideally with mushrooms, definitely not with spinach or broccoli. Any recipes or ideas??

I'm looking for a super simple recipe with detailed instructions. Last time I tried to make quiche it was not very successful. THank you!!!

pinktichel

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 8:06 am
The ones in the Spice and Spirit (Purple cookbook) are incredibly easy and delicious.
There's a really good mushroom quiche recipe in the Dairy gourmet cookbook, as well. This one use things like heavy cream, but I substituted completely last time and Dh said it was delicious.
Let me know if you need me to post it for you.

sunny90

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 8:23 am
Please post it pinktichel! I'd love that recipe!

Also, does anyone have any quiche recipes that aren't very eggy? DH hates eggs so I was wondering if there were any like that.
Sorry to hijack the thread Peanut2!

Peanut2

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 8:40 am
Please please post!

Spice and spirit is on my To Buy list, but I just bought a bunch of cookbooks recently...

pinktichel

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 9:17 am
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. basil
salt and pepper
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used any shredded cheese)
1/2 c. ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese that I mashed with a spoon)
4 large eggs
1/2 c. heavy cream (I used full fat milk)
2 dozen mini pie shells (I think I got 2 lg out of this recipe)

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large frying pan, saute the mushrrom and onions with olive oil, rosemary and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Let mixture cool off for about 10 minutes and place into large mixing bowl. Add the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Start folding all your ingredients together. Add eggs and heavy cream. Blend well and taste for salt and pepper ( Puke I never do!).

Place into prepared pie shells on a cookie sheet. Spoon out mixture into shells that have been brushed with melted butter (I skip) Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Peanut2

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 3:57 am
Thank you!
Did you get two large quiches out of this? If so I'm going to halve it...

sunny90

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 5:16 am
Thanks pinktichel!

pinktichel

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 5:57 am
Peanut2 wrote:
Thank you!
Did you get two large quiches out of this? If so I'm going to halve it...

If I remember correctly, (the last time I made them I did mini ones...) one recipe should make one very full quiche with some leftover OR two that are 1/2 full.

Peanut2

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 9:04 am
Thank you! It filled two pie shells completely and was absolutely delicious.

Pinktichel - I also love your additions on how you actually make it. It made me feel much better about using cottage cheese and whatever shredded yellow cheese I found...

rachelle613

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 11:42 am
I made this tonight, followed pinktichel's recipe, except I cooked it a little longer, about 45 minutes. However, it still felt like it was a bit raw on the inside- well, not raw, just a bit liquidy. Is quiche supposed to be liquidy at the bottom? When I cut it it kind of fell apart...

This always happens to me when I make quiche!! What am I doing wrong?

curlgirl

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 11:46 pm
love2live wrote:
I made this tonight, followed pinktichel's recipe, except I cooked it a little longer, about 45 minutes. However, it still felt like it was a bit raw on the inside- well, not raw, just a bit liquidy. Is quiche supposed to be liquidy at the bottom? When I cut it it kind of fell apart...

This always happens to me when I make quiche!! What am I doing wrong?

Was it completely browned on top?

When you feel the top it should feel completely solid.

Did you use a Pyrex or thin baking dish? I find quiche comes out that way in Pyrex.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals