Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Boys being boys - loud and wild!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 10:05 pm
My biggest issue with my 2 boys (ages 7 and 4) is that they get so loud and wild. They're not "misbehaving" so much as they get soooooo loud, and since I don't have a playroom they're playing in the kitchen or living room. They'll scream a lot or talk VERY loud. This may not bother some people, but it drives me nuts! I get such headaches from it. I know boys will be boys, but is there any way to put a stop to this? I just keep telling them to quiet down but they just get loud again a minute later. I don't really know how to handle this. Any ideas?

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 10:09 pm
Don't know but have the same issue. help!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 9:35 pm
any ideas???

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 5:33 am
I deal with screaming or talking very loud like any unwanted behaviour.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 5:38 am
I have the same issue with my husband. I can't think when he talks.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 5:40 am
Amother above. I also have a daughter who is a chatterbox. I hope any solutions are universal.

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 5:41 am
Have you tried books?

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 7:02 am
would a rug or curtains help the sound not bounce so much?

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 7:57 am
I also have a lot of noise - and it's mostly girls. I think it's good to let them make noise, as it lets off steam and energy, but they shouldn't do it at inappropriate times like meal times, or whatever other times you think they should be quiet. Or if you had enough you can tell them it's quiet time -time for a quiet activity.

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 12:57 pm
Maybe try some earplugs? or find a quiet activity for them to occupy themselves.
Would some music playing make them play more quietly, and listen instead of talking?

I just kinda tune out the noise or focus on something else. But it gives me a headaches sometimes anyway.

Lalu

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 8:30 pm
It is important to provide time for 'loud, outdoor' voices and time for 'inside' voices. Outdoor voices may also be used in a basement Smile. Provide examples to your children regarding what is considered to be an 'outdoor' voice and what is an 'indoor' voice. Usually after a couple of reminders - it works Smile I have found that I need to make sure that I am always using an 'indoor' voice - expecially when redirecting the children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers