Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Calling health dept on frum kosher store
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:02 pm
Squishy wrote:
Raizle wrote:
amother wrote:
Dh works in a grocery store(non kosher but a big chain store) and the people who stuck the shelves WILL loose their job if they leave expired product: its the law I think
Kosher stores in general really could care less because their business I sin demand and they allow themselves way too many unappropriate things and its about time someone gives them a kick in the rear. Im sorry to say but Kosher or not Kosher they shouldn't have expired products on shelves: SIMPLE. Also they could have been nicer to OP by saying" im sorry maam we will take care of it right away" instead of brushing her off

ummm...OP never said they were not nice or brushed her off. You are totally imagining that and inserting it in this thread.

you are projecting your own experiences and deciding that because you experienced that, the OP of this thread should get some random store owner who you don't even know who it is, into trouble.

very mature...what else can I say.

I know store owners who need a kick up their back sides and I know store owners who are mentchlich always out to do the right thing.
so not fair to lump them all in one basket

I was the one who who management was not nice to. I felt they at the very least owed me a refund on the two items out of date. I think I would be owed that in a non jewish store also.

IMHO, the reason the kosher store could act the way they do is that no one will actually call the authorities. Look at how reluctant I am to name their name on a site where I am anonymous. As I staid my problems were with the biggest store here; and I am sure many others on this site shop there. This store is not hurting for sure. They can afford the fine. In my town, they have a waiver of almost all their property taxes. They charge much more for their goods and they are always crowded.

Raizel sorry you got offended that I mixed up OP post and some else's ...so I guess my answers aplly to squishy's answer and not the OP and btw no where in my post did it say that I experience such a thing but I have experience other unethical things that Kosher grocery storeS do ( and I put an S because they were MANY unfortunately ) and I really dont see why you had to be nasty to me about it with your "very mature ...what else can I say" Rolling Eyes

marina

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 10:05 pm
I would report for mice and roaches. For sell-by dates, no way. That's just silly.

Raizle

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 11:55 pm
amother, you think I was nasty but you don't see that it's nasty to lump all grocery stores into one basket of bad eggs and tell someone you don't know to get someone else you don't know into trouble.

If I was nasty it was because my heart went out to the anonymous store owners who are being blamed for the mistakes of others and will possibly be treated badly as a result.

Where I live most grocery store owners are decent about this sort of thing and they are all nice about it if you show them something on the shelf that shouldn't be there. I just can't imagine going behind their backs and getting them into trouble because somewhere else in the world amother has had bad experiences with grocery stores.

sweetnsalty

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 6:21 pm
Let me tell you something very disturbing that goes on in large kosher supermarkets (heard firsthand from a manager). Many sale items are about to expire, or expired, hence the sales. Also, many times ( I had this on one instance with Kedem whole wheat crackers), the crackers were stale. My husb brought it back and told manager we just opened it up and smell it! Its totall rancid! He said " I know" it's a bad shipment....but most people wouldn't come back and complain, so "adaraba", if we sell it..... Draw your own conclusions. And BTW if we're griping here....anyone notice that you get charged a 5 cent deposit for soda but if you'd bring the bottle back to them, they wouldn't give you back the money??? So you're all being robbed of an additional 5 cents per bottle.....

amother

Post Fri, Dec 30 2011, 4:35 am
a100thingstodo wrote:
Let me tell you something very disturbing that goes on in large kosher supermarkets (heard firsthand from a manager). Many sale items are about to expire, or expired, hence the sales. Also, many times ( I had this on one instance with Kedem whole wheat crackers), the crackers were stale. My husb brought it back and told manager we just opened it up and smell it! Its totall rancid! He said " I know" it's a bad shipment....but most people wouldn't come back and complain, so "adaraba", if we sell it..... Draw your own conclusions. And BTW if we're griping here....anyone notice that you get charged a 5 cent deposit for soda but if you'd bring the bottle back to them, they wouldn't give you back the money??? So you're all being robbed of an additional 5 cents per bottle.....

Let me tell you something.

I work in a large chainstore.

We exchange/refund if someone comes to say that they bought something that is out of date(if it somehow missed our attention), or is off.

We refund for for bottles returned.

We recently had a bad shipment/bad lot of something, and we readily refund when the customers come back with it.

What's your problem? You take one store and say all do that?

The only reason I am anon here is because I don't want to be figured out by people here.

sky

Post Fri, Dec 30 2011, 12:35 pm
marina wrote:
I would report for mice and roaches. For sell-by dates, no way. That's just silly.

I agree. I'd probably speak to the manager first.

But what about birds, we've got a lot of those in our store - maybe it helps for mice?

sky

Post Fri, Dec 30 2011, 12:37 pm
a100thingstodo wrote:

I know the store I shop in if I return anything: whether it is from the freezer, perishable, bread, etc, they have told me they get the money back from the company and need the packaging to be reimbursed. they said it is not a loss for them unless I don't have the package. So I don't see why a store would be inclined to sell something that is really bad.

maze

Post Fri, Dec 30 2011, 2:05 pm
I've seen non Jewish stores, or chain drugstores have expired items on shelves. I just told one of the workers , but I wouldn't call health dept for that -especially not a jewish store.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics