Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Tried and True recipes from Fresh and Easy
1  2  Next

cutegal

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 10:09 am
I made the babka, chocolate chip biscotti, chocolate chip pie made in round pan and cut like pizza slices, and sesame chicken -- all were amazing!

What recipes have u tried and enjoyed?

Gerbera

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 10:29 am
I've made the Roasted Tomato, Broccoli Jalapeno and Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash soups and were all pretty easy to make and were tasty. I made the Creamy Lemon Pasta (I think it's called that) and it was a total flop - not sure where I went wrong - was really disappointed as it looked and sounded delicious. I'm going to try the Roasted Red Pepper Pasta and Roasted Garlic Soup tonight...I hope this pasta dish works! I saw it in B'tayavon magazine as well this month...really want to try it!

mom2be1

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 11:41 am
Dreaming about the double chocolate pecan waffles!

el2cg

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 7:53 pm
rThe roasted red pepper pasta was delicious and so was the pistachio crusted tilapia. Last night I made the garlic fries and the sweet potato fries. The sweet potato was good but nothing special. The garlic fries were heaven!

random

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 7:58 pm
Calzones were AMAZING!! I didn't use her pizza dough recipe because it was a funny measurement - 2.5 lbs flour - and I like my own, but the inside was yummy yummy and easy. I never would have tried it if I didn't see it there.
Honey mustard chicken - also delish!

I also made the butternut squash/garlic - but found it was a little blander than I like; and the zucchini souffle, which was a little too mushy for my taste.

momof3littleguys

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 10:17 pm
Calzones were amazing...I'll second that. I made the dought...t was really good. Roasted pepper pasta was not great.... The pizza sauce (rotev) was awesome and so was the chicken nuggets with spicy BBQ sauce.

Prez

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 10:24 pm
Made the pitas...were rlllly good!!! I also made the warm chocolate chip ramekins and served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cinnamon flaky dough stick... It was a huge hit.

Prez

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 10:25 pm
I forgot to add- I also made the chicken from the chicken fajitas and served it with the pitas, they were really tasty and delish

momof3littleguys

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 11:14 pm
Forgot to add the overnight potato kugel......it was a huge hit!

wifey

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 11:44 pm
Can someone post the butternut squash and garlic recipe, the chicken nuggets and bbq sauce and the sesame chicken recipes please??

mol

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:22 am
the grilled chicken with white bbq sauce was yummy and the pastrami kishka capons were a hit!

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:51 am
momof3littleguys wrote:
Forgot to add the overnight potato kugel......it was a huge hit!

Can you please post this recipe

lachick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:56 am
I tried the aisan chicken! and the noodels were both great!

sbs

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 5:38 pm
I made the blooming onion, didn't work, the coating did not stick nicely
made the spinach tomato penne, was pretty good
I've made the biscotti's in the past from recipes that I pulled out of magazine and they were good

happy12

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:17 pm
I also had trouble with the bloomoing onion. I could not get the batter all over ther onion and it came off during frying.

September June

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:27 pm
A poster on Cookkosher.com had the same problem. This is what Leah told her to do:
You have to open the onion slices a bit, separating them to get the batter in. It doesn't have to be totally covered, just make sure you flip it around so that it fries on all sides.

Leah's overnight potato kugel

sarachana

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:50 pm
I made the falafel, warning: its a HUGE batch and also I think she calls for to much water so I had to add more bread crumbs to compensate but they were very good!
I made the pitas but I subed whole wheat flour and put less of it, I also use that recipe to make lafa breads that I fry on the stove top grill....YUM!!!

Some of the chicken recipes look waaaaaay to sweet, and some of the recipes are too oily, so I probably would never make them, but I do like the book after most of the recipes that I made where a hit.

mol

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 2:20 pm
just made the crispy chicken fingers with dipping sauce tonight (the creamy one) was reeeeally yuuuummmmy!!!!! Wink

happy mom1

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 4:58 pm
mol wrote:
just made the crispy chicken fingers with dipping sauce tonight (the creamy one) was reeeeally yuuuummmmy!!!!! Wink

Can you please please post the recipe?

Anon1

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 5:16 pm
mol wrote:
the grilled chicken with white bbq sauce was yummy
Can you post this recipe please?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics