Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Frum Comic Books?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 5:57 pm
My foster son so enjoyed the story in comic book form supplement in this week's Mishpacha Jr. Are there any frum comic books out there?

Gerbera

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 7:57 pm
I loved these when I was younger! Not sure how easy they are to find...
http://mendyandthegolem.com/co.....golem

http://www.milechai.com/product3/golem.html

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 4:38 pm
Thanks, I was familiar with the old Mendy and the Golem series -- I was looking for something currently in production.

I thought I had seen an ad for a new frum comic book several weeks ago, and in our Shul lobby this Shabbos, I finally saw a copy of Kosher Comics for Kids. Just what I was looking for! It disappeared from the lobby sometime during Mussaf, but I remembered the name, Googled it, and ordered a subscription for my foster son this morning.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 4:54 pm
yes, they are about to come out with their fourth issue and I love reading it to my son (he doesnt read english yet.)

das

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 7:22 pm
There are a lot of frum comic books-visit a Judaica store, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

shanie5

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 11:13 pm
How about the jewish hero corps?

http://www.amazon.com/Jewish-H.....r=8-1

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 10:53 pm
Mamabear wrote: yes, they are about to come out with their fourth issue and I love reading it to my son (he doesnt read english yet.)
I ended up speaking to the distributor and at my request they're going to send the comics starting with #1 so we don't miss the beginnings of serials.

Das wrote: There are a lot of frum comic books-visit a Judaica store, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Actually, I was UNpleasantly surprised when I visited a local Judaica store — they had none and had not even heard of any. Sad

Shanie wrote: How about the jewish hero corps?
Wow, that's wild. Let's see how he likes this first.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 9:52 am
The new comics -koshe comics for kids is great. Ds reads it cover to cover and asks me every week if the next one came out already. They also have shikufitzy books that are like comics in the judaica stores.

6coop

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 10:21 am
Aside from Shikufitzky (which my kids love) there are other Jewish childrens books that are also written in comic book form. If you want names of some of them, I can get it for you later.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 10:41 am
Agent Emes on the back of Ami. Jewish Press has all those storeis in cartoon form, Olmeinu has back cover stories in cartoon form, they sell books of the back covers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics