Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PANDAS syndrome
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:00 am
Never heard about a kid stopping to talk, but it manifests itself differently in different children. It is definitely worth doing the blood work to find out. Dr Shulman takes phone calls from people overseas to help guide them. It is tough to get through, but worth it!

I had another question. My son has other "issues" socially, developementally, and behaviorally. There are certain times however that he has a definite "flare up" of PANDAS (confirmed by bloodwork). One noticeable thing he does is this constant cough of clearing his throat. He also developes stomach issues when on antibiotics (the only one that works for him is zithromax). Right now, we only give him 2 weeks of zithromax whenever the clearing the throat thing starts. It disappears magically! Do we need to keep retesting the blood? Are we doing enough to adress this by only giving him the meds when the cough shows up. It is hard to determine whether other behaviors are coming from PANDAS or some of his other issues. The cough is the only clear cut thing we have.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:00 am
Never heard about a kid stopping to talk, but it manifests itself differently in different children. It is definitely worth doing the blood work to find out. Dr Shulman takes phone calls from people overseas to help guide them. It is tough to get through, but worth it!

I had another question. My son has other "issues" socially, developementally, and behaviorally. There are certain times however that he has a definite "flare up" of PANDAS (confirmed by bloodwork). One noticeable thing he does is this constant cough of clearing his throat. He also developes stomach issues when on antibiotics (the only one that works for him is zithromax). Right now, we only give him 2 weeks of zithromax whenever the clearing the throat thing starts. It disappears magically! Do we need to keep retesting the blood? Are we doing enough to adress this by only giving him the meds when the cough shows up. It is hard to determine whether other behaviors are coming from PANDAS or some of his other issues. The cough is the only clear cut thing we have.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 9:07 am
I think that the boy's parents are actually in touch with Dr. Shulman. His test numbers (titers?) are 750!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 4:00 pm
She's a pioneer in PANDAS. May she be the right Shaliach for them.
Refuah Shelaima B'Karov Mamesh!
750 is really high for titers if the child hasn't had strep recently.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics