Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Was this wrong?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 1:10 pm
last week my husband and I went away for a few days and we let a female friend of mine from israel stay in our flat while we were away. she is a very close friend.
as it happened, we arrived home earlier on the day we were due to be arriving home so when we got back to our flat it was like 9 in the morning instead of the afternoon as expected. when we get into the flat we say hi to my friend and she is wearing my husband's dressing gown! Surprised he does not keep it in our bedroom but in the bathroom, which is there is only one of in the flat, I.e . the one she used obviously. do you think that was wrong of her?

imaima

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 1:27 pm
Depending on the situation (maybe she was desperate or smth) it might or might not have been wrong of her, but it was wrong of you to come earlier without notice. When people stay in someone else's flat, they regard it as their private space (because obviously they have no other private place in the city), so it is invasive.
Maybe she was in the bathroom and did not have any clothes with her when she heard you coming, and the first thing was your dh's bathrobe?

ewa-jo

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 1:56 pm
Maybe she thought it was yours and was planning to wash it or didn't think you'd mind. Maybe she didn't travel with robe.

Not so wrong, I think.

Are you more upset at it's your husband's robe than the fact that she borrowed a piece of clothing?

marshmellow

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 2:51 pm
I wouldn't really mind at all if I saw her wearing it when I came home, I'm used to sharing clothes and stuff with my sister and friends. it's not as if she did something disruptive to your home or anything. I would've just laughed it off and say it's fine. was your husband annoyed about it?
to be honest I don't think she would have put it on thinking it was your husband's, I think most likely she just needed a robe at that point and she saw it there in the bathroom.
maybe she forgot her robe or didn't bring one and she didn't want to walk naked back to her room.

myself

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 5:52 pm
Firstly, I'm sure she didn't realise it was your husbands.

Also, as imaima has mentioned, I think it was a little invasive of you to turn up unexpectedly. If you were arriving earlier then planned you should've given them prior notice. Had it been me (although I wouldn't use someone else's clothing) I would've been mortified to be walked in upon.

chanahlady

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 6:18 pm
Perhaps she grabbed it to wear when she heard you walk in so she would be covered. Did she have advance notice that you would be arriving much earlier than you said you would be?

Liba

Post Sat, Jan 14 2012, 6:22 pm
I would also assume she grabbed it so she would be tzanua. 9am the only one there with no one else expected she probably wasn't dressed and may well have been in the shower.

I think that you probably surprised her and it was what was there to cover herself with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette