Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Did anyone's TODDLER have their adnoids removed?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 5:07 pm
I just heard about this from someone and was wondering how common it really is for a yound child, 3- 4 years old, to have their adnoids removed.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 12:58 am
Yes, Rivka had them out when she was just 4. She had sleep apnea and always a nasal drip. It helped tremendously.

cbsmommy

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 1:16 am
Yes. DD had her adenoids taken out at 26 months. It was her second round of surgery; she had tubes put in at ten months. Our ENT scheduled a scope and a second round of tubes with a possible adenoids. She ended up removing the adenoids because the scope showed that DD's adenoids were enlarged, swollen, and full of pus.

Since removing the adenoids we haven't had a single ear infection K"H. Also, DD had horrible colds and asthma episodes all last winter. Again, K"H we haven't had any horrible colds or asthma episodes since removing the adenoids.

Rodent

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 1:52 am
My eldest had his out at 4 1/2 in conjunction with a second set of grommets because his first grommets failed and he had a lot of pain for months from pressure against his ear drums, he also had a constant nose run for 6 months, no appetite (couldn't taste food), snored, had ear/sinus/throat infections, and was generally miserable with pronounced speech delay.

He has been much improved since it was done.

Liba

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 3:20 am
My daughter had her adenoids removed at age 2 and then again at three and a half. It is common for them to grow back, especially when the child is young.

Hodu Lashem

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 6:51 am
My ds had his out at 18 mos. His nasal passage was 90% blocked by them and causing sleep apnea.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 8:15 am
We're waiting for my almost 3 year old's anemia to get better. Then he's having his tonsils and adenoids removed.

Liba

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 8:17 am
Come to think of it, my five year old has his adenoids removed when he was two as well. It B"H made a big difference in his breathing, especially at night.

morah

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 8:32 am
DH had his tonsils and adenoids removed when he was 2. Granted, this was over 20 years ago, so I can't tell you what people do nowadays.

lakewooder

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 10:52 am
my DS had his tonsils and adenoids removed at 2 1/2 for sleep apnea. Despite all the hype I heard about recovery, his B"H was really not too bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics